3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks MrPH and Rocken...I like the idea of claiming I'm being smart.

ra...see, you've raced lots this year, got some nice PRs and definitely qualify as a runner.  Me, zero races...bimbler extraordinaire and armchair runner, because if I don't race, it isn't real.    I think bimbling is almost more of a mindset not a pace.   Having said that I've been quite dedicated to bimbling and have been trying to be consistent and progress...but it's hard to test that when your head (and sometimes circumstance) doesn't let you progress to actually laying it on the line and racing.  I do think bimbling could be good though, it allows for low pressure in terms of goals and a continuous cycle of running and experimenting with running...but if it's all you do it doesn't really end up as a break from events and a chance to consolidate, it just becomes wimpish.

Not true.  If you run you are a runner.   And it is real!

steph  

Well seeing that I will have 4 or so hours alone tomorrow and I think I can manage to get up at the crack of dawn each day I'm going to up my mileage to 300 as well. I'd think about 325 however no treadmill  not knowing what the weather is going to be like here in PA and the fact that the younger kids start vacation after I get back. Talked to DH this morning and plan for next year is to go sub 10 for 50 miler and to BQ at a spring marathon. If I want that to happen the time for training is now!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

Damn rocken. Makes me feel like a slacker. Well just another kick in the pants.

Got my evening 5 and Spaniel guilted me into running a bit faster than usual. Felt good.

On On.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Well seeing that I will have 4 or so hours alone tomorrow and I think I can manage to get up at the crack of dawn each day I'm going to up my mileage to 300 as well. I'd think about 325 however no treadmill  not knowing what the weather is going to be like here in PA and the fact that the younger kids start vacation after I get back. Talked to DH this morning and plan for next year is to go sub 10 for 50 miler and to BQ at a spring marathon. If I want that to happen the time for training is now!

Wow.  Cool!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Got my evening 5 and Spaniel guilted me into running a bit faster than usual. Felt good.

On On.

I only wish that I could run faster.  Maybe down the road...

steph  

On On.

You are NO slacker!!!! Thanks for being part of the boot in my ass!  Hope I can return the favor

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I only wish that I could run faster.  Maybe down the road...

Bet you can!

Feeling the growl again

Well, I felt like crap today so I put only about half a mile on you guys.  I had planned on a few more but I felt I needed to put something back in the bank today.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hmmmmmmmmm not sure I can handle this Big grin

weather

C-R

Well, I felt like crap today so I put only about half a mile on you guys.  I had planned on a few more but I felt I needed to put something back in the bank today.

Dude. Don't break things. We have lots more to do this month and it's still early. Plus you know I have travel around the corner which makes for a drop in miles (or running at stooopid hours)

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

sometimes putting it back in is the smart move! Glad to see you listened to your body!

C-R

Hmmmmmmmmm not sure I can handle this Big grin

weather

That's nice but I would rather run in colder weather. That's freaking hot. Enjoy.

Well considering I'll be doing my running before the crack ass of dawn or late at night I'll take the warm. Middle of the day I'll be too busy kayaking etc with my kids

Feeling the growl again

Dude. Don't break things. We have lots more to do this month and it's still early. Plus you know I have travel around the corner which makes for a drop in miles (or running at stooopid hours)

Ssshhh!  I keep trying to tell myself I'm almost there.  That, or pretending nothing past today exists.  You eat an elephant one bite at a time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

L train made up some ground on me yesterday.  My achilles is still angry so rather than push it I took the day. It feels a bit better today, we'll see about a run this evening.