3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

Not that I have no intention of out pacing Spaniel at anytime during this month but everytime I think I have a leg up on him, he just has to go one step further.

How's that leg-up thing working for you tonight mbehr?  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Good grief. You guys aren't playing around this month! How about sharpening and rolling out some PR's in Feb?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Prince of Fatness

That looks like some good stuff. We'll have to plan a Dark Lord Day outing.

I have never had that and heard good things.  Still not enough to make me do anything stupid.

Not at it at all. 

L Train

Still not enough to make me do anything stupid.

How about cutting off the feet of socks and calling them armwarmers?

L Train

OK so he's injured and all, and hasn't run in 2 days, but there's this:

L Train 108.8 mi 15:29:03
            kmark 106.1 mi 13:24:32

Even after metric conversion I think I'm "winning".  That won't last long, I know that, but wanted to revel for 3 minutes.  Achilles issues suck though. 

But the more notable part of this is that we have run the same miles but I'm 2:05 slower.  Holy fuck man, indeed. 

Prince of Fatness

I'll have to take a picture of my basement stash and post it.  I've got plenty of beer. enough that I am not doing anything stupid.

Pardon the mess.  Anyway, most of that left hand shelving unit is filled with beer.  Real good beer.  Some of it is homebrew.  Three of the cases are 22 - 25 oz units that I have collected from various breweries.  And that doesn't include homebrew that I have elsewhere, a case of oatmeal stout bottle conditioning, 5 gallons of milk stout fermenting, and 2.5 gallons of black IPA fermenting.  A lot of the other stuff is equipment and supplies for brewing.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

How about cutting off the feet of socks and calling them armwarmers?

I have already gone out wearing the trash bag.  My wife loves when I do that.  Does that count?

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

OK so he's injured and all, and hasn't run in 2 days, but there's this:

L Train 108.8 mi 15:29:03
                  kmark 106.1 mi 13:24:32

Even after metric conversion I think I'm "winning".  

Nothing like a good call-out.

I like the "winner" comment.  Unless someone gets injured, other than beer exchanging hands, when spring rolls around I think we will all be winners (key kum-baya and eye-rolling).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Pardon the mess.  Anyway, most of that left hand shelving unit is filled with beer.  Real good beer.  Some of it is homebrew.  Three of the cases are 22 - 25 oz units that I have collected from various breweries.  And that doesn't include homebrew that I have elsewhere, a case of oatmeal stout bottle conditioning, 5 gallons of milk stout fermenting, and 2.5 gallons of black IPA fermenting.  A lot of the other stuff is equipment and supplies for brewing.

Holy crap man.  Your beer room is almost as over the top as my gun room.

I really wish I had a good pic of our wine room back when we were in full production, 1000+ bottles on the shelves and up to 15 5-gallons batches in process.

Prince of Fatness

Holy crap man.  Your beer room is almost as over the top as my gun room.

I really wish I had a good pic of our wine room back when we were in full production, 1000+ bottles on the shelves and up to 15 5-gallons batches in process.

You have more wine than I have beer.  I really need to get those loose six packs in case boxes and label them all.  It's hard to remember what I have and some of it gets forgotten.

Oh and I think that I have close to a case in the fridge upstairs chilling.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

You had more wine than I have beer.

FTFY

We were in full production 2001-2005.  Topped out at the end.  My buddy still has the racks in his basement, he says there are a few hundred bottles left but he probably hasn't had to purchase a drop of alcohol since my wife and I moved out.

Now, I bet I get 40-45 bottles total from this fall's production.  Depending on the baby, I should be bottling sometime in January.

How's that leg-up thing working for you tonight mbehr?  Wink

Heh, I don't know that's a slap in the face or a kick in the ass. 

C-R

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

"Leg up":

MTA:  Wink   in case there was any confusion...

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sub-24, you heard it here first.

That might actually make me an official middle of the pack runner.

If I do go sub-24 you can buy me a beer. Cool

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.