3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

you can't really get stronger if you don't give yourself something to repair and strengthen

Yup.  Seemed like I was always nursing something with the low volume crap I was doing for months.  Thought I was just getting old and broken down.  Now I'm tracking well above the pace needed to have my highest mileage month ever...and it all just melts away.  I mean the PF in the left foot is still there a little bit but I've had it a year, and this is the least of an issue that it's been in that time.

I'm telling you, performance machines are not meant to taxi around the runway....they just sit there leaking fuel...they are meant to fly at full throttle.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

don't make me start logging workouts at 10pm. 

Well it just depends how badly you want to hurt yourself in losing.  Eleven days to go....I'll start dropping 30 mile days if I HAVE to, but I sure as hell don't WANT to.  Tripling sucks and I see little training value in it but again, I'll do whatever is needed....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Well it just depends how badly you want to hurt yourself in losing.  Eleven days to go....I'll start dropping 30 mile days if I HAVE to, but I sure as hell don't WANT to.  Tripling sucks and I see little training value in it but again, I'll do whatever is needed....

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Yeah. That 4am run was good. Now to catch a flight and maybe I will run when I get home at 10:30 tonight. No way I would have done this without the throw down. Booyah.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Yeah. That 4am run was good. Now to catch a flight and maybe I will run when I get home at 10:30 tonight. No way I would have done this without the throw down. Booyah.

Hardcore.

I was at the airport until after 2am, so I was hoping someone got lazy this morning.  No dice, guess I better get out the door.

You sure that was a racoon or CR that you saw?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I felt more like this on this mornings run.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

At least you managed to take off...I don't think I even got that far!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm finding that I can push my self harder than I thought. 

And I wouldn't have done it with out this public goal setting.  I'm really enjoying it all.  

As long as I recognize any signs that I'm ready to break that is.

steph  

I felt more like this on this mornings run.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. Hope your feeling more like the the other one by your next run Richard!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Just curious how is everyone doing on weight during this month? I'm down a few pounds which really surprised me considering all the restaurant food that I've been eating over the last week (and soda and other stuff I don't normally eat) I mean my dinner last night was probably around 1500 calories alone

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I agree TeaOlive (who is doing a damn impressive month of miles).  I'd never have even tried to run a double had it not been for this.  I'm not pushing anything speedwise but I am with the mileage in the sense that there is limited time to fit in the miles with being ill, with Christmas and with trips away at the beginning and end of the month (seems safer to mileage without doing speedier stuff though).  I'm hoping I'm training myself to recover okay, and am getting stronger...as you said it's all about not breaking (and recognizing what is breaking and what is adapting/strengthening)! 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I am trying to keep up with CR and the 300ers, but I feel like they're pulling away from me. Guess I should go run.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

Just curious how is everyone doing on weight during this month?

Bad. I don't think I have really lost anything and that was one of the side benefits I was really hoping for. I think I have traded some fat for leg muscle though.

Prince of Fatness

Just curious how is everyone doing on weight during this month?

Ha ha!  You're funny.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings/Stats?r=1&e=11&s=1&d=1

It appears that I am lagging behind most of you folks but my goal wasn't that stupid so I am right on schedule.  10 days to go for me to run 56.9 miles.

Not at it at all.