3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

Ooops guess i need to learn how to post by phone. Btw i need a 12 step program!

I suggest the 12 steps that get you far enough from the door that you don't turn back and wuss out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

No way I'm getting into a weight loss throwdown. Weight is stable but body fat % is headed in the proper direction.

I'm thinking I might be able to get another 5 when I get home tonight. I need a 12 step program too.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

A windbreaker and a running hat?

Trash bag.  Seriously.

Not at it at all. 

Trash bag.  Seriously.

Geeze it's a good thing I was able to hold back cause you guys were of no help. All I had to do was remember Ken's reaction when I said I was going to do 6 miles (he did 4 with me and I was going to do another 2). He totally thought I meant another 6 after we split up. Thought he was ready to commit me right then and there

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

when it's cold and rainy and you still want to go run. Got any recommendations Perry?

I'm with Ennay -- hat, gloves, and optionally a jacket. And running shoes. Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Also I was busy running...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Just curious how is everyone doing on weight during this month? I'm down a few pounds which really surprised me considering all the restaurant food that I've been eating over the last week (and soda and other stuff I don't normally eat) I mean my dinner last night was probably around 1500 calories alone

I seem to be staying the same.  I have been eating like a horse.  

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Congrats to rabutler for taking down his monthly mileage goal in only 21 days....

...sandbagger.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

First one to my goal! I win!

j/k Big grin

With 10 days left I should be able to easily break 200. I would have never thought that was possible before this craziness started. If C-R and I don't beat spaniel it won't be for lack of trying.

I felt a little more peppy on my evening run rocken. Some strides helped shake the sand out.

As far aw weight, I actually gained some during the first 10 days of the month. I was constantly hungry. I guess my body just took a little while to adjust to the increased calorie requirements. My weight has come back down and I'll probably have lost a pound or two by the end of the month.

There were some light snow flurries during my run this evening, but I didn't wear a trash bag.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Congrats to rabutler for taking down his monthly mileage goal in only 21 days....

...sandbagger.  Wink

+1

WTG Ra!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

j/k Big grin

With 10 days left I should be able to easily break 200. I would have never thought that was possible before this craziness started. If C-R and I don't beat spaniel it won't be for lack of trying.

I felt a little more peppy on my evening run rocken. Some strides helped shake the sand out.

As far aw weight, I actually gained some during the first 10 days of the month. I was constantly hungry. I guess my body just took a little while to adjust to the increased calorie requirements. My weight has come back down and I'll probably have lost a pound or two by the end of the month.

There were some light snow flurries during my run this evening, but I didn't wear a trash bag.

You win in my book Smile

Glad to hear you felt more peppy tonight.

I guess I'm opposite. I was constantly hungry at the lower mileage however my appetite has slowed a bit now though I am forcing myself to get more protein than previously.

NO SNOW!!!!! 

Also I was busy running...

Ya know my big  bar falls off of my log tomorrow. When I told that to my husband his reply was "looks like you better run 40 miles again". Very tempting

BTW you need to run more Wink

C-R

...sandbagger.  Wink

Sandbagger? Not. Under promise and over deliver. That's how it works in my business.

WTG ra. Now I need to find the balls to finish this deal and hit 300. 10 days. 105 miles.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Nicely done, ra. I say have a beer or two to celebrate. Then, take note of how delicious those beers were, go to bed, and hit it hard again tomorrow so you can win some more. Beer won in a bet is maybe the most delicious beer of all, but I'm pretty sure Spaniel's gonna fight to the bitter end for it. This is fun to watch.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Feeling the growl again

The afternoon got away from me today with family stuff....best I could do was fire off the hardest workout I felt up to before I had to vacate the treadmill so the youngest could go to bed (it's outside her room).  Not as many miles as I'd planned today, but I have a clear schedule tomorrow to pound a solid makeup session.

In retrospect, I actually felt great and could have hammered the workout a lot harder.  My recovery period is getting shorter as this goes along.