3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Prince of Fatness

Stupid double post.

Not at it at all. 

Thanks MrPH.  Racing is something I do need to think about, and talk myself in to.  I didn't race at all this year, and I ran 3 races in 2010.  There is room for PBs on the basis of so little racing to date...I just need to get my head in for it.   I always feel like I don't have the base, the training, the speedwork, and especially the head to justify it.

Rocken...you're doing a darn good job of training and destroying ultra distances when you're only just learning about training!  I think we're always learning though, especially as what counts as training seems so personal. 

Enjoy your last day of 2011, I am so psyched that you've finished the year so strongly especially after all the injury issues you've been working though. 

ra...I think your December is going to look absolutely awesome.  I was relatively pleased with an improvement on last year, you're throwing what has taken more than a year to achieve all into one month!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I see how you guys work. Two on one isn't good enough so with under a day to go you enlist a third team member...timing is everything, apparently.

Does this mean the baby is on the way?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

?? and when can it legitimately start logging miles?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Boy. More later, busy day ahead. Everyone is doing great!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Boy. More later, busy day ahead. Everyone is doing great!

Awesome!

I call a winner!

549.5 miles and a baby boy. No way we can top that.

Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Awesome!

I call a winner!

Big grin

+1

so do we buy a beer for Nathaniel as well. Need a ruling here.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

L Train

Congratulations Spaniel family. 

Prince of Fatness

This year is now in the books for me.  December turned out better than I thought, 221.5 miles, plus I was able to surpass 2200 for the year.  Nothing near spaniel's month, but I'll take it.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings/Stats?r=1&f=2011-12-01&g=2011-12-31&s=1&d=1

Everyone enjoy the New Year's celebration.  If you drink, don't drive.  Be careful out there.

Happy New Year!

Not at it at all. 

Not going to happen.  Rolled my ankle pretty good 2 days ago and it still hurts just walking around. Ended up with about 260 miles. 20 short of my goal. Considering there were 4 days with no running in there I will take it.  Lost to L train in the end as he ran enough to beat me this morning. Looks like some of his training is starting to kick in. Staying healthy is part of the game though and I didn't do so well on that front. I'll be going after the 280 again in January provided the ankle cooperates.

Great running all, thanks for the entertainment and motivation this month.

Also congrats Spaniel and family! 

L Train

Well that sucks. Sorry about the ankle Mark. I of course noticed this yesterday and wanted to at least make you go a few miles. If it wasn't for this and the earlier thing you would have cleaned my clock. Thanks for the motivation and heal up. Also congratulations to lots of folks in this thread. It's been pretty inspiring.

A Saucy Wench

+1

so do we buy a beer for Nathaniel as well. Need a ruling here.

I'd say you are on the hook for his first beer, whenever spaniel feels that is appropriate. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations Spaniel family!  Enjoy!

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

December miles came to 315 with 2476 for the year and after tomorrow I will have four 70 mile weeks in a row.

All of these are firsts for me and I'm happy with thatBig grin

So, no more silliness for me for a month or so.  I hope.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Awesome!

I call a winner!

Big grin

Kind sportsmanship guys, I wouldn't have held it against you if you went for it. I plan to squeeze in a mile or two late tonight just on principle. Thanks for all the kind thoughts. I think some beer is in order all around after this epic.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills