3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Prince of Fatness

Damn, I hit my goal and you folks are making me feel like a chump.  Some mighty impressive numbers out there.

2200 miles in 2011 but now the odometer is back to zero.  Here we go again ........

Not at it at all. 

Great stuff, all.  Very cool to watch and be inspired by!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Damn, I hit my goal and you folks are making me feel like a chump.  Some mighty impressive numbers out there.

2200 miles in 2011 but now the odometer is back to zero.  Here we go again ........

MrPH, I feel a bigger chump.  You shouldn't feel like one, leave that to me.

Definitely some awesome numbers out there.

Being back to zero feels a bit scary.  Ah well.  I guess we'll see what 2012 brings.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You have 115...why not go for 120?

I'm going to go get that tonight.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

The end of the throwdown is biasing my log.  I've somehow managed just over 80 miles in 7 days.  Back to work and running reality tomorrow though.  Bleurgh.

Enjoy getting that 120 AP.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The end of the throwdown is biasing my log.  I've somehow managed just over 80 miles in 7 days.  Back to work and running reality tomorrow though.  Bleurgh.

Yeah, I have "back to work" bleurgh too. Silly vacation mileage stunt coming to an end with the rest of vacation.

Enjoy getting that 120 AP.

Last 7 days: 126.2 mi 17:07:12 8:09 / mi
              Last 30 days: 387.2 mi 52:35:38 8:09 / mi

Last week I did essentially the same thing as today (17mi midday, 6mi evening, 6mi night), but last week I only ran 29.5mi on that day, because I was not as crazy as someone who triples to 30 in a day. But this week I let it slip over 30.... WTH, spaniel has a cute new kid, it is the end of vacation, might as well be a little crazy.

Feeling the growl again

Last week I did essentially the same thing as today (17mi midday, 6mi evening, 6mi night), but last week I only ran 29.5mi on that day, because I was not as crazy as someone who triples to 30 in a day. But this week I let it slip over 30.... WTH, spaniel has a cute new kid, it is the end of vacation, might as well be a little crazy.

Well that beat my longest day...I'd planned 35-41 miles on the 31st (25-10-6?), but, well, yeah...I ended up running 3.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

As long as you put one kid in a backpack (or maybe better, frontpack), and push another in a stroller, you can count mileage and a half.

Yeah, I have "back to work" bleurgh too. Silly vacation mileage stunt coming to an end with the rest of vacation.

Last 7 days: 126.2 mi 17:07:12 8:09 / mi
                    Last 30 days: 387.2 mi 52:35:38 8:09 / mi

Looks like AP is going to be the new Spaniel for January.  Nice total on Monday, AP.

Feeling the growl again

C-R, rabutler, I picked up your beer last night (ra, I assume you already know but Toddy Shoppe II has a WAY better beer selection than Toddy Shoppe).  I'm not sure there was a winner so such an effort deserves recognition with an appropriate reward.

I think you guys will be pleased.  I will post a pic if and when the baby allows.  I'm not sure when I will get it to you as I don't think I will be going much of anywhere anytime soon.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Interesting as I picked up a few bottles as well.

Road trip since Spaniel is landlocked for a bit.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Here you go:

Two Belgians and a Double Bastard....because that's what you guys were to me all month long.  Wink

MTA -- That's in duplicate, one set for each of you.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sweet. I almost got you an Arrogant Bastard Ale for Christmas. I asked if they made an Elitist Prick, but they said no. Wink

Here you go:

Two Belgians and a Double Bastard....because that's what you guys were to me all month long.  Wink

MTA -- That's in duplicate, one set for each of you.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Yeah for us.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Sweet. I almost got you an Arrogant Bastard Ale for Christmas. I asked if they made an Elitist Prick, but they said no. Wink

Side bar.

Spaniel walks into a restaurant in Chicago in June 2011 and joins two work colleagues at bar.  Notes "Arrogant Bastard" is on tap.  When asked for an order, responds "I'll take an Arrogant Bastard since it fits me best."

I really wanted to visit Stone Brewery when I was in SF in November but it was just too far and did not have time.  But I did get wasted on Double Bastard in my hotel room.  Big grin

No worries, what you got me was an excellent choice that I enjoyed thoroughly.