3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

C-R

C-R pulled a fast one and ran 15.4 yesterday then didn't log it promptly; didn't mention it when he was out here either.  Then he gave me beer so that I'd slack off in the evening.  A diabolical plot and it worked, I thought he took the day off and I had built a comfy cushion.

That's ok.  I am now on vacation..... Shocked

Crap. Well I guess I poked the bear ra. The cat can fend for itself. There are miles to run.

In my defense, I did mention I didn't quite make it 16 but with all the rounds firing off and the hearing protection who can tell what was said. A rest day is good. We are testing the limits but don't want any injuries. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

So it looks like the only way we may be able to win this thing is to get spaniel too drunk to run. Hmmmm......Cool

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

In my defense, I did mention I didn't quite make it 16 but with all the rounds firing off and the hearing protection who can tell what was said. A rest day is good. We are testing the limits but don't want any injuries. 

I was probably too busy changing mags... Cool

As for poking the bear, yes rabutler is getting too cocky.  I think it's time to take him down a notch.  After all, I'm now on vacation and in full control of my schedule.  I also have daycare the next 2 days.  Other than a broken tractor to fix tomorrow, I've got nothing to do but run.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

How far can you run pulling a broken tractor behind you?

Just wonderin'

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm back a little early. I'm now the proud father of a United State Air Force Pilot, and apparently, his cat. Because of his assignment we'll be cat sitting for a while, so I had to bag the Louisiana portion of my trip. I'll start a thread and post some pics later this evening.

I hope everyone has had good couple of days of running and all illnesses and pains are getting better.

Enjoy that beer while you can spaniel. Looks like that big lead is shrinking. Wink

Yes, congratulations to you and your son! 

steph  

C-R

I was probably too busy changing mags... Cool

As for poking the bear, yes rabutler is getting too cocky.  I think it's time to take him down a notch.  After all, I'm now on vacation and in full control of my schedule.  I also have daycare the next 2 days.  Other than a broken tractor to fix tomorrow, I've got nothing to do but run.

Actually, it was right before the massive soda bottle hunt.

Yeah. I know your schedule is free so today it forced me to run 4 prior to working 8 1/2 hours making pizzas at Lucas Oil (volunteering/fundraiser for soccer club) and then got in another 5 tonight. I have a 7 am flight and might be able to sneak in a few miles if I get up at 4 and then double when I get home at 7. We will see.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Actually, it was right before the massive soda bottle hunt.

Yeah. I know your schedule is free so today it forced me to run 4 prior to working 8 1/2 hours making pizzas at Lucas Oil (volunteering/fundraiser for soccer club) and then got in another 5 tonight. I have a 7 am flight and might be able to sneak in a few miles if I get up at 4 and then double when I get home at 7. We will see.

So I doubled for 16 today, holding the volume down to get some real work in, and I LOST ground?

You bastards are SO hosed this week.

MTA:  I see the score now.  rabutler "going on a trip until Monday with little running" then returning early due to a "cat" to log extra miles....you being busy all day but still doubling...I get it.  OK.  There's only one way to respond to this...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Damn you Spaniel...another week, same old story.  You hit 16 first, I get a double in to get to 16.1 and see that you got another 5.  I'm going for another 80 this week.  So far, lunch runs tomorrow and Wednesday already seem to be out the door.  As long as I don't get hosed and miss a day, I should be fine.

Feeling the growl again

Damn you Spaniel...another week, same old story.  You hit 16 first, I get a double in to get to 16.1 and see that you got another 5.  I'm going for another 80 this week.  So far, lunch runs tomorrow and Wednesday already seem to be out the door.  As long as I don't get hosed and miss a day, I should be fine.

Ha.  Sorry.  rabutler was too cocky yesterday and it was pretty nice here today so I've been covering some distance.  I like to start the week off strong.

C-R

This sucks to read as I am sitting on MARTA waiting to get to the airport. Nice running though.

I was totally spoiled at last hotel since the fitness room was open 24/7. Tonight was a rude awakening. Got on treadmill with 32 minutes to run and for 32:02 I did. Stopped just as the lady from the front desk was coming in. Tomorrow is going to be another long day of traveling but by airplane instead of car. Can I just click my heals and be home?????

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

So Spaniel pretty much ran a 3hr marathon today...just sayin.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Crap. The bear is awake. C-R, it looks like we may be hosed.

It looks like my treadmill may be effed up again. During my cooldown this morning the speed just took off. After turning it on and off the speed controls didn't seem to work. A couple more power cycles and it seems to be working now, but I'll be making a call at lunch time to get this looked at.

Oh, and the cat in question, since there seems to be some doubt about her existence. Joking

She's not too happy about being in the same house as a dog.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

So you'll be doing unplanned speed workouts, ra?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

You know what is more fun than participating in the throw-down?  Watching from the sidelines.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7