Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

11miles   HR 140 / 152  Not exactly MAFF

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

npaden

First MAF run in a LONG time.  My batteries on my HRM have been dead for a couple months and before that I just didn't get around to doing a MAF run on my normal route.

6.1 miles, 9:53 pace and actually ended up MAF +5 with an avg HR of 141.  Just couldn't get into any kind of rhythm and struggled to go that slow.  Interesting because that used to be fast for me.

I'll have to do another MAF test soon to see if I've actually lost some aerobic fitness or if I just need to learn how to run that slow again.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Did the Disney Marathon stopping for pictures and having to walk the water stations (or 0.10 miles every mile or a bit more) due to my pain and still finished second fastest this season (ever since the pain arose).  And at MAF.  Very happy.

Did 7 miles last night at 152HR and normal pace.  Today, I did 4 miles but I cannot upload to Garmin to see the HR but it was below 150 all the time.

Late last night one of our kitties got a seizure and later died.  She was one of the kitties that was sick but she was improving and therefore we are surprised she died.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hi, guys.  Did the Disney Marathon stopping for pictures and having to walk the water stations (or 0.10 miles every mile or a bit more) due to my pain and still finished second fastest this season (ever since the pain arose).  And at MAF.  Very happy.

Did 7 miles last night at 152HR and normal pace.  Today, I did 4 miles but I cannot upload to Garmin to see the HR but it was below 150 all the time.

Late last night one of our kitties got a seizure and later died.  She was one of the kitties that was sick but she was improving and therefore we are surprised she died.

Congrats.

Hope the other kittens are OK..

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5 mile walk  14:32 AVG pace. HR 107 /132

MAFF is 112(122-10) Not going to happen. At a 112 HR a would never be able to run. I plan on doing MAFF-5(118)

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Recovery

2.32 miles

0:40:00

Ended up doing recovery runs all week. Way too busy. Legs have been feeling a bit dead, and my aerobic speed has been regressing. So, I'm adjusting my runs to lower HR's for awhile until it reverses. Heart time zones that start out at MAF-15, instead of running at MAF.

Congrats, Damaris. You've had an amazing year.

Have a good weekend everyone.

--Jimmy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Today's goal: Stay upright for three hours.

Done

3:08:12

13.1 miles HR 126 /141

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

12 miles HR 125 / 145

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Trevi

55 minutes.  5.65km.  117hr (avg)

BeeRunB

plodding along the past week or so

RHR high the past few days

been really busy...abnormal stress

heart time zones are keeping the runs short

2 miles

36 minutes

jimmy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

2 miles  25 mph wind gust.

Tipped on raised side walk Sunday. Did not fall but noticed a hole in the toe of my shoe.

Asics 2170 is discontinued.This was my last pair.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Running shoe companies and their constant updating. Enough already.

TODAY

2 miles recovery

AlexVan

Bobev, thanks for your service and well done, facing a tough problem and working through it. I've been doing MAF AND run/walk in an effort to stay on the road and build volume. It worked for awhile, I think this latest was snow and ice and shoes with traction screws all of a sudden just as I was hitting a new weekly mileage peak.

Jimmy, I've been doing MAF with only about two anaerobic phases, over the last year. I can't complain, my fitness and race times are better, but I've never seen my MAF pace come down like most others do. I'm not sure whats up, if its a volume, diet, mechanical (I'm not built to run, really shouldn't even be doing this probably), or metabolic issue. I may have to experiment more, but getting enough consistency to be able to compare numbers has been difficult, mostly due to fighting back from small injuries, never mind enough consistency to expect results.

Totally open to suggestions, and it's been months since I ran an MAF test...

John

Anyway, I'll get back on the mill tomorrow, and keep working back up if I can.

Happy new year all!

John, I have been running 90% MAF for about 18 months and have not seen my pace come down as I would expect either. I was running true MAF, Jimmi suggested I try MAF -5. I have been trying that for about 5 months and I am seeing better results. I really would say for me my lack of consistency is my biggest problem (as low as 5 hour months from time to time). As soon as I consistently run at least 40k per week I start seeing some more typical MAF progress. I am working on trying to stay consistent for the next few months and then I will hopefully post good progress report. Good luck to you. ~alex

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

good going Alex

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

8 miles 124 /145

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter