Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I really have not run much since my kitty died and work has been hideous.  I also have had a lot of pain in anticipation of the surgery.  We bought bikes so I've done some bike rides and run some.  Last night's 6 went really well, except my HR was through the roof (I think it was a malfunction of the HRM though).  Surgery is in 6 days, eek.

Hope everybody is doing great.  I'll check here from time to time but until the end of March, I won't be Mafing much.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Morning!  I really have not run much since my kitty died and work has been hideous.  I also have had a lot of pain in anticipation of the surgery.  We bought bikes so I've done some bike rides and run some.  Last night's 6 went really well, except my HR was through the roof (I think it was a malfunction of the HRM though).  Surgery is in 6 days, eek.

Hope everybody is doing great.  I'll check here from time to time but until the end of March, I won't be Mafing much.

Take care!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

ATC Heart & Sole 5K

RA race predictor 29:52 from a marathon 11 months ago(best time in the past year)

Ego <25

I started with the  2nd  wave.Plan was to start with the 3rd wave(>30:00)

Finish clock 27: x x

Garmin upload 25:06. I forgot the 2nd wave was 2:00 behind the  1st wave.

The last mile was 7:26. Paced off a 20ish female. I lost her on the hill. Out and back. 90% gradual  incline out and decline back. Fast course. Last year a of PR 22:06. HR 164 / 188. Warm up 4.6. Cool down 0.8

8.5 mile day. The knee has been a little sore all week. I have only run 1 other day this week.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

ATC Heart & Sole 5K

RA race predictor 29:52 from a marathon 11 months ago(best time in the past year)

Ego <25

The last mile was 7:26. Paced off a 20ish female. I lost her on the hill. Out and back. 90% gradual  incline out and decline back. Fast course. Last year a of PR 22:06. HR 164 / 188. Warm up 4.6. Cool down 0.8

8.5 mile day. The knee has been a little sore all week. I have only run 1 other day this week.

Awesome!  Congrats!

Damaris

ATC Heart & Sole 5K

Ego <25

Very nice!!!

Eric

PRs:  5k - (20:42) 3/9/2013 18:55 (9/28/13)

10k - (42:42) 3/23/2013 39:11 (10/26/13) course was short @ 6.0 mi :)

10 mi - (1:12:10) 4/6/2013

HM - (1:34:38) 4/27/2013

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10 miles HR 123 /140

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

1:08

run 53:00

walk 15:00

Did my first LT tempo of the year.

Got a long road to haul.

--Jimmy

BeeRunB

1:38:00

1:10 run

28:00 walk

endurance has been improving

Trevi

I have been training using MAF for 7 odd weeks now.  I have noticed that when I started I had trouble keeping below 124.  Then after a couple of weeks 119 seemed to be what I ran at.  Now running at the slow pace I have become accustomed to I now run at 114 average.

Now that I have become accustomed to running slowly do I increase my pace to get my HR up to around 120 (MAF is 126)??  Or is it better to continue at my accustomed (slow) pace and watch my HR drop?

On another note..  I did a parkrun (5K) this morning in 30:58 at an average of 134HR.  Two weeks ago I did the parkrun (5K) in 32:30 at an average HR of 141.  Big improvement...  yay....

BeeRunB

The idea is to get faster at the same HR, not run slowly. MAF training has ever been about running slowly. You just start out that way. I suggest you pick a HR to train at, or HR zone, and stick to that, and watch yourself get faster. It won't hurt to run the same pace all the time, watching the HR get lower, but there might come a time where the training load is not enough to keep you progressing. 

I have been training using MAF for 7 odd weeks now.  I have noticed that when I started I had trouble keeping below 124.  Then after a couple of weeks 119 seemed to be what I ran at.  Now running at the slow pace I have become accustomed to I now run at 114 average.

Now that I have become accustomed to running slowly do I increase my pace to get my HR up to around 120 (MAF is 126)??  Or is it better to continue at my accustomed (slow) pace and watch my HR drop?

On another note..  I did a parkrun (5K) this morning in 30:58 at an average of 134HR.  Two weeks ago I did the parkrun (5K) in 32:30 at an average HR of 141.  Big improvement...  yay....

BeeRunB

1:59:00 run

0:29:00 walk

Had a a good bounce back week.

Hve a good weekend.

--Jimmy

npaden

Still not MAFing much.  Been enjoying not wearing a HRM at all for the last few months.

Did get a nice long run in today - 16.42 miles @ 8:54 avg pace.   No doubt I would have been over MAF, but that pace was close to my Marathon Goal Pace last year and now it was closer to an easy run.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

9.2 MILES walk

2:14:42

HR 107/128

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Trevi

7.5Km Avg 122HR  1:05:00

BeeRunB

LT tempo run today.

Improved over last run.

1:10:00 run (LT heart time 22:00)

0:29:00 walk

total time today 1:39:00

Did you know that our top two richest president were JFK and George Washington (compensating for inflation)?

Happy GW's birthday!

Jimmy