Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Ron!

Sorry I've been MIA.  I just found out on Friday that my husband has a brain tumor and is heading to brain surgery on Tuesday.  We are still doing the RnR Chicago HM this weekend but I will be running it with him.  Took this week as a taper week, but not sure how much I'll be running next week until hubby is back home.  Wish us luck!

Damaris

BeeRunB

Good luck, Ron!

Sorry I've been MIA.  I just found out on Friday that my husband has a brain tumor and is heading to brain surgery on Tuesday.  We are still doing the RnR Chicago HM this weekend but I will be running it with him.  Took this week as a taper week, but not sure how much I'll be running next week until hubby is back home.  Wish us luck!

So sorry to hear this about your husband, Damaris. I hope everything turns out well. I'll send good vibes. Amazing that he's running a half this weekend. That's the spirit.

TODAY:

1 hour

4 miles

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Hi y'all. Just getting started on a LHR/Maffetone training program. I had surgery, then started back with walking then slow running/walking so someone suggested LHR as it is a good time to start. So I went out today with the heart strap on. Started walking when the garmin buzzed at 132 bpm. Average hr was 126. That is too high - I'm 58 so I should be at 122. Is that right - I should have an average of 122 or never go over 122? If so, I would have walked a lot more. Jeez, this will be tough. I have to say, though, the 'run' was nice - it felt less stressful to always huff and puff and it is an 80+ degree day and it didn't feel as bad as it usually is.

Why, howdy!

I haven't checked in here in awhile ... nice to see you, Ruth!

Averages can be misleading.

• average of 120 & 124 = 122 ... not bad!
        • average of 107 & 137 = 122 ... whole 'nuther workout

The idea is to not go over your MAF heart rate.

That said, and FWIW, I've found the HR alarms to be very alarming and annoyingly like micromanaging a run.
        Neither of which is conducive to relaxed lower heart rate running.

Instead, I've preferred to start out with frequent glances at my watch (at the start of a new MAF training cycle). The need for this quickly abates as I can soon tell when I've crossed the line (high or low) - things look & feel different.

I hope you're enjoying your runs!

OH! Hai guys! Long time no see.

Liz

pace sera, sera

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 miles hr 110 122.Ran 3 Walk 3.

HTT 8 hour tomorrow, Plan is 27 mi[es in 7 hours. 1 mile loop.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

27.16 miles. No HR monitor.Visit to chiropractor on Friday. For 3.5 hours it was the best I have felt running this race in about 5 years.My pace was faster than Midsummer's night dream and Merrill's mile which both were on 1 mile flattish courses. Maybe there is something to back adjustments.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

27.16 miles. No HR monitor.Visit to chiropractor on Friday. For 3.5 hours it was the best I have felt running this race in about 5 years.My pace was faster than Midsummer's night dream and Merrill's mile which both were on 1 mile flattish courses. Maybe there is something to back adjustments.

Congrats, Ron. Awesome achievement.

4 miles

1:07:00

115-120 bpm

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Ron - nice work!

Back-to-back 4-hour runs for me this weekend at low-MAF. Pace is sloowly coming back ...

Liz

pace sera, sera

BeeRunB

Ron - nice work!

Back-to-back 4-hour runs for me this weekend at low-MAF. Pace is sloowly coming back ...

Hey Liz, nice to see y back.

1:10:00

4 miles

110-120 bpm

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

90 min this morning - sub-MAF out, MAF back. Finally saw some 8s!! Been soooo long... I nearly threw my hands up as I ended my run at my driveway.

Liz

pace sera, sera

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nice

I am planning on running That Dam Hill in London,Ontario 9/17 and Capital City marathon 9/18(Lansing)

90 min this morning - sub-MAF out, MAF back. Finally saw some 8s!! Been soooo long... I nearly threw my hands up as I ended my run at my driveway.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

WTG, Liz!

Nice trophy avatar, Ron. My addled brain thought it was you at first, but realized there was no famous knee brace.

4 miles

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

LOL

WTG, Liz!

Nice trophy avatar, Ron. My addled brain thought it was you at first, but realized there was no famous knee brace.

4 miles

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Well shoot! You'll be in my neck of the woods and I'll be in Cleveland running North Coast 24 that weekend

8 weeks to go!

Nice

I am planning on running That Dam Hill in London,Ontario 9/17 and Capital City marathon 9/18(Lansing)

Liz

pace sera, sera

BeeRunB

Finished my run during an intense thunderstorm. Luckily, I was on the treadmill.

4.34 miles

1:14:00

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys!  Long time no speak!!! So overwhelmed this week!  Hubby went through brain surgery for 10.5 hours on Tuesday, spent a night at the neuro ICU and sent home yesterday!  No complications and he seems to be recovering well.  Unfortunately, the tumor was huge (fist sized) and they could not remove the part on the left brain because that could damage important functions, so we get to monitor the tumor for possible growth (which can happen in 10-15 years or never).  best possible outcome.

I ran 12 miles on the TM and went for a walk with hubby (recommended by the doctor).  He has 20 staples in his head but you cannot tell because they don't shave people anymore.  Overall, really happy about all this.

clay, sounds like they are helping!

<footer> </footer>

Damaris