Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

BeeRunB

Hi, guys!  Long time no speak!!! So overwhelmed this week!  Hubby went through brain surgery for 10.5 hours on Tuesday, spent a night at the neuro ICU and sent home yesterday!  No complications and he seems to be recovering well.  Unfortunately, the tumor was huge (fist sized) and they could not remove the part on the left brain because that could damage important functions, so we get to monitor the tumor for possible growth (which can happen in 10-15 years or never).  best possible outcome.

I ran 12 miles on the TM and went for a walk with hubby (recommended by the doctor).  He has 20 staples in his head but you cannot tell because they don't shave people anymore.  Overall, really happy about all this.

clay, sounds like they are helping!

Glad it worked out for your husband, Damaris. That was a big tumor. Sending good vibes for a healthy recovery.

2:00:00

7.18 miles

Have a good weekend everyone!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4.8 miles Testing the knee. 60% was walking. 11 miles planned for tomorrow. Plan is to avoid major downhill. Will have longer downgrades. A friend needs a long run for HM training.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, Jimmy.  I was able to run 12 on Thursday, 8 with 400m intervals on Friday, and 7 today.  20 miles tomorrow.  Hubby is doing great.

Nice run, Clay!

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Cancelled the 11 miler. 2.5 mile walk

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Thanks, Jimmy.  I was able to run 12 on Thursday, 8 with 400m intervals on Friday, and 7 today.  20 miles tomorrow.  Hubby is doing great.

Awesome.

2:00:00

7.35 miles

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks.  20 miler went well (on the TM of course).  Ran 7 last night.

Now my mom is in the hospital and having brain surgery as well. WTF.  Hers is an aneurysm for waiting until Friday to go to the hospital when I have been telling her to go for 10 days. Stubborn woman.

Damaris

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Hang in there, Damaris! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts ...

Meanwhile, on the streets of suburban Detroit - 2 hours of low-MAF fun for me this morning.

So nice to be running in a misery index of 131 vs. 154... 

Liz

pace sera, sera

BeeRunB

Thanks.  20 miler went well (on the TM of course).  Ran 7 last night.

Now my mom is in the hospital and having brain surgery as well. WTF.  Hers is an aneurysm for waiting until Friday to go to the hospital when I have been telling her to go for 10 days. Stubborn woman.

WTF is right. Increasing healing vibes to your family in two streams. One day at a time, Damaris.

1:16:00

4.66 miles

BeeRunB

2:09:00

8.02 miles

Have a good weekend, gang. 

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Nice run, jimmyb.

2:30 for me this morning.

Liz

pace sera, sera

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hope your moms surgery goes will.  The stress is probably not helping to keep you in MAFF HR zone

Hang in there, Damaris! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts ...

Meanwhile, on the streets of suburban Detroit - 2 hours of low-MAF fun for me this morning.

So nice to be running in a misery index of 131 vs. 154... 

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

3:00 in the D whilst terrorizing lapping the Little Old Lady in the park.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!

Clay, my BP has been a bit high, but the TM has helped me keeping the HR at MAF, so it's all good!

I have been working from home but like an ass (long hours), so instead of 7 miles today, I went to Barre class and didn't run.  Still, have been running my ass off all week at MAF and with one speedwork session.

Mom is still in ICU but doing good.  I guess older women with lots of medical issues don't do as well as younger men runners.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

3:00 in the D whilst terrorizing lapping the Little Old Lady in the park.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6 miles. Walked the downhills. HR 113 /133. Sprinted to get across a busy street HR shot up. Pace 15:11

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter