Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

BeeRunB

No, this forum dying.

Not dead yet. We shall persevere!

intervals 4x .5 mile

90-95%MHR

7:59 pace

Recovery week is over in terms of workouts. Broke into the 7:00's !   Have a great weekend, Damaris and to the thousands that I know are just lurking! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice run!

I ran 7 with 2 at MP on the TM yesterday. I'm done until Sunday.  I don't feel fast so we'll see what I can do on the marathon.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I am semi- injured. Run That Dam Hill marathon today. Goal was to do the half. 2 hours of sleep in 28 hours did me in. 13.65 miles in 3:30: x x Decide to take a nap.Rains decide to pick up. DNF. Hope to regroup tomorrow in Lansing,MI Capitol City marathon. 6 hour cut off. GA Jewel 35 miler next Saturday. 12 hour cut off. Part of the Pinhoti trail.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

I am semi- injured. Run That Dam Hill marathon today. Goal was to do the half. 2 hours of sleep in 28 hours did me in. 13.65 miles in 3:30: x x Decide to take a nap.Rains decide to pick up. DNF. Hope to regroup tomorrow in Lansing,MI Capitol City marathon. 6 hour cut off. GA Jewel 35 miler next Saturday. 12 hour cut off. Part of the Pinhoti trail.

Nice 5:25, Ron, after so much racing, little rest, and semi-injured. Recover well. Heal up. Nice pic. Good to see ya. 

TOday:

2:00:00

with hills

BeeRunB

Intervals 4x.5 mile   90-95% MHR (178-188)

7:53 pace

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Ron!  Hope your injury gets better.

I DNFd on Sunday at MIle 9.  The first 8 miles was a sandy trail and it wrecked my lungs.  Chicago is the goal, so I quit and waited for hubby and ran to the finish with him.  11.66 instead of a full. I've DNFd so many in the last year or two it's embarrassing but I don't have patience anymore, ha.

Ran 10 today for my birthday!

Damaris

BeeRunB

Nice job, Ron!  Hope your injury gets better.

I DNFd on Sunday at MIle 9.  The first 8 miles was a sandy trail and it wrecked my lungs.  Chicago is the goal, so I quit and waited for hubby and ran to the finish with him.  11.66 instead of a full. I've DNFd so many in the last year or two it's embarrassing but I don't have patience anymore, ha.

Happy Birthday! As long as you don't DNF while blowing out the candles, you're good. 

4.5 miles

1:00:00

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I don't have patience anymore, ha.

Running 200 miles a month takes patience.

Happy Birthday.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks!

Didn't run on Wednesday as my asthma was still bad, ran 12 yesterday with my asthma still bad and 8 tonight, much better lungs but still not 100%.  And good thing I am on the TM because it's still 100F almost every day and that humidity sucks my lungs dry.

Damaris

BeeRunB

Thanks!

Didn't run on Wednesday as my asthma was still bad, ran 12 yesterday with my asthma still bad and 8 tonight, much better lungs but still not 100%.  And good thing I am on the TM because it's still 100F almost every day and that humidity sucks my lungs dry.

I watched a doc on Netflix last night called From Fat To Finish (I was looking for inspiration to get these 25 extra pounds off). It's about a group of formerly obese people running the 200-mile Ragnar Relay race from Miami to Key West, Florida. They were all complaining about the heat and humidity, and it was February! The film is worth a watch. It's not Ken Burns, but it's a nice running fix.

intervals 4 x .5 mile

90-95% MHR (178-188 bpm)

7:52 pace

Have a great weekend everyone! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have heard about that film.  And yes, February is our coldest year and it is still hot and humid (somewhat).  LOL.

Ran my 8 on the TM last night.  Much better than the 12.  Breathing is today somewhat normal.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1366373756736537&set=a.658366764203910.1073741838.100000917776838&type=3

GA Jewel 35 miler. Can not get the screws out of the HR monitor. The battery is dead.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

BeeRunB

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1366373756736537&set=a.658366764203910.1073741838.100000917776838&type=3

GA Jewel 35 miler. Can not get the screws out of the HR monitor. The battery is dead.

Get 'em out yet? Link doesn't work, Ron (there's a colon missing from the https:// on the URL)

intervals  4x .5 mi

90-95% MHR

7:50 ave. pace