Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

SD_BlackHills

Morning!  Rode my bike on Sunday and got released to do everything non-impact by the surgeon, so I went to Pilates and walked 3 miles last night.  Bike ride tonight.  Started PT yesterday.

Wow, your recovery seems to be coming along nicely.  That must feel awesome.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Morning!  Rode my bike on Sunday and got released to do everything non-impact by the surgeon, so I went to Pilates and walked 3 miles last night.  Bike ride tonight.  Started PT yesterday.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

10 miles on the bike last night and knee felt great.  I still have somewhat of a limp when I don't make sure to walk straight.  PT worked me hard today, yay.  Might walk tonight but have a dinner with friends so I might not have time.

Damaris

solarisrunner

I am curious how much diet and or hydration plans into improving at MAF. I wouldnt say my diet is the best, I don't eat like a body builder. I eat out occasionally, maybe once a week. I would say I most eat fruit, sandwiches, meats and vegetables.  I do unfortunately drink soda. I probably don't drink enough water, but make sure I do while I am running, usually a liter or more during a hour run. If I am  not hydrated prior to a run would that affect my heart rate any? Some days I see an increase in heart rate by 5-8 beats per/minute at the same pace, on the treadmill with temperature being the same. Not sure exactly what causes this. Whether it is fatigue, lack of nutrition of what.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10 miles on the bike last night and knee felt great.  I still have somewhat of a limp when I don't make sure to walk straight.  PT worked me hard today, yay.  Might walk tonight but have a dinner with friends so I might not have time.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

2/12/2017

<label>Date</label>

6:37 AM

<label>Time</label>

5.2 mi

<label>Distance</label>

1:25:17.65

<label>Duration</label>

16:25 mi-----HR11/140

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Biked Saturday and took an RD Monday.  6 days of workouts at least.  There is that. Smile

Damaris

SD_BlackHills

I'm guessing it makes at least some difference.  I have no idea how much.  From what I understand it is most important to not consume carbs before training to increase your chances of it being an exercise in fat burning.

I do think a number of factors go into why some days you are just plain slower at the same pace (accumulated fatigue, etc)

I am curious how much diet and or hydration plans into improving at MAF. I wouldnt say my diet is the best, I don't eat like a body builder. I eat out occasionally, maybe once a week. I would say I most eat fruit, sandwiches, meats and vegetables.  I do unfortunately drink soda. I probably don't drink enough water, but make sure I do while I am running, usually a liter or more during a hour run. If I am  not hydrated prior to a run would that affect my heart rate any? Some days I see an increase in heart rate by 5-8 beats per/minute at the same pace, on the treadmill with temperature being the same. Not sure exactly what causes this. Whether it is fatigue, lack of nutrition of what.

solarisrunner

Did MAF Test #2 today.  I've been running MAF since about June of last year, but would forget to do a test or have wonky issues with my watch or heart rate monitor or even the treadmill that my results were scattered. I decided to start over and took first test last month.   Here are the results.

Following a 15 min warmup to sub MAF:

January:

Time      Avg HR    High HR

1.  11:19        141          149

2.  11:54         142          147

3.  12:00         142          146

4.   12:00        139          144

5.   12:00        137           140

February:  Today's test was almost  a disaster. I pressed the lap button after the first mile and it went skipped to my cool down. Because of this I wasn't able to capture all of the data and I only did 4 miles.

1.   10:44     139

2.   11:05      143

3.   11:19     141

4.    11:07    144

SD_BlackHills

Did MAF Test #2 today.  I've been running MAF since about June of last year, but would forget to do a test or have wonky issues with my watch or heart rate monitor or even the treadmill that my results were scattered. I decided to start over and took first test last month.   Here are the results.

January:

February:  Today's test was almost  a disaster. I pressed the lap button after the first mile and it went skipped to my cool down. Because of this I wasn't able to capture all of the data and I only did 4 miles.

I'd be tempted to do another test after you have a chance to recover just so you can line all the data up properly and then do the same comparisons with next month.  Having said that, wow that is lot of improvement.  Whatever it is that you are doing, seems to be working!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Thrill in the Hills marathon. 1)Goal to finish 2)Goal <6:45

Finish 6:43:29

I'm a Happy camper!!

HR monitor  stop working at mile 12

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5 mile recovery walk.No hrm..

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Everything looks good! You're getting faster at the same HR. It's okay that one test was 5 miles and the other just 4. You can see the progress just fine. Sometimes I just do 1 mile tests, and they show the progress or regression just as well. Nice work. 

January:

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

On Day 4 post surgery, I biked.

On Day 6, I went back to Pilates.

On Day 15, the PT let me run at therapy.

On Day 19, I ran/walk 5.5.

I'm BACK!

Damaris

SD_BlackHills

On Day 4 post surgery, I biked.

On Day 6, I went back to Pilates.

On Day 15, the PT let me run at therapy.

On Day 19, I ran/walk 5.5.

I'm BACK!

You're running!  Terrific!

Yesterday for me:

Conditions:  68 deg, 15 mph wind

MAF:  146

Time:  2:30:23

Avg Pace:  9:23 / mile

Avg HR:  129