Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

C-R

Good work there D_R. I've heard about Orange Theory from some folks at our running club. Seems interesting.

Ran 15.4 @ MP yesterday so legs were tired this morning. Managed 4.5 @ 9:50 pace. Good feeling though.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

SD_BlackHills

The MAF method definitely works guys.  I've been at it for 6 months now.

Exactly one month after hitting my Boston Qualifier I ran my first ever half marathon.  I finished 2nd overall with the leader in my sights.  I couldn't run him down and finished 29 seconds behind him.  This was way beyond my race goals even at the starting line.  I did run a negative split.

Event:  CASA Spearfish Canyon Half Marathon

Time:  1:22:32

Average Pace:  6:17 per mile

C-R

Wow. That's some great racing. 

Another 5 today @ 9:45. Felt good. Trend is headed in the correct direction.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, SD!

I ran 14 on Sunday and 6 last night.  TM, of course.  According to WTForecast, as usual: it's fucking hot and humid.  The end.

Damaris

SD_BlackHills

Nice job, SD!

I ran 14 on Sunday and 6 last night.  TM, of course.  According to WTForecast, as usual: it's fucking hot and humid.  The end.

Thanks!  So you live in Miami?  I'm curious, is it still too hot to run in the mornings before work there?  It's been in the mid 90's to low 100's here almost everyday but I run between 5 - 6:30 AM without issue.  Granted, it is not humid here and that makes a huge difference.  44% this morning, so very bearable.  I understand running early may not fit your life's schedule so just wondering.

I did 7.4 miles up and over hilly terrain this morning at 130 bpm.  Lately I've been doing a vast majority of my miles 15+ bpm under MAF.  No reason in particular other than to astound my buddies who follow me on Strava.  heh heh heh

I'm training for the St George Marathon in October now so most of my miles need to be easy effort anyway as I really feel like my aerobic base is still building.  As usual, no intervals and my "tempo runs" will be the end of my weekend long run.  I also ignore heart rate when running with friends but it usually ends up either being under MAF anyway or slightly over depending on who it's with.  

BeeRunB

The MAF method definitely works guys.  I've been at it for 6 months now.

Exactly one month after hitting my Boston Qualifier I ran my first ever half marathon.  I finished 2nd overall with the leader in my sights.  I couldn't run him down and finished 29 seconds behind him.  This was way beyond my race goals even at the starting line.  I did run a negative split.

Congrats on a great performance, SD! 

5 mile run

3.75 mile walk

MAF and below

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Nice job, C-R!

I took Monday off from work and my coach gave me a tough 8 miles with 3 X 1 mile at 10K.  All on the TM because triple digits does not begin to describe how hot it is down here.  Anyway, Ran 8, 5, 10, 5 and 3.18 at Orange Theory, 0, and 2.75 at Orange Theory and 6 with strides.  All around MAF since I don't get the stupid heat on the TM.

It was nice to do proper speedwork again.  Felt good to be fast and my knee was like nothing.

I was thinking you should do some  mile repeats after reading a few of your post. Is your coach planning on dropping you down to a 5k pace in a few weeks?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4 mile walk.  1st time out since 7/1. Need to start tracking walking steps at work.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

C-R

4 mile walk.  1st time out since 7/1. Need to start tracking walking steps at work.

I word Clay - fitbit

Walked 18 holes of golf this morning (some 15000 steps) and then ran 5k @120 BPM ~ 10mpm. UGH. Somehow I don't think I'm 25 anymore.

BeeRunB

I word Clay - fitbit

Walked 18 holes of golf this morning (some 15000 steps) and then ran 5k @120 BPM ~ 10mpm. UGH. Somehow I don't think I'm 25 anymore.

Hey, Norm! For me, 15000 steps is about 7.5 miles, depending what length of leg I woke up with that morning. I'm sure you also pulled your bag around (added drag) and took a bunch of swings (hopefully not too many ones that counted). No wonder your recovery run was UGH. Lastly, you can't mention golf around me with out telling me how well or bad you scored. Do tell. It might contribute to me finally getting my clubs out of suspended animation. 

40:00 recovery 115-120 bpm

C-R

Hey, Norm! For me, 15000 steps is about 7.5 miles, depending what length of leg I woke up with that morning. I'm sure you also pulled your bag around (added drag) and took a bunch of swings (hopefully not too many ones that counted). No wonder your recovery run was UGH. Lastly, you can't mention golf around me with out telling me how well or bad you scored. Do tell. It might contribute to me finally getting my clubs out of suspended animation. 

40:00 recovery 115-120 bpm

Hey there jimmyb aka Obi Wan Mafoni

I actually carry my bag. Those pull cart things are dangerous. Truth be told I did not score very well but played well. Shot a 76 and three of those strokes were because I hit some irons about 15 yards longer than I expected. Never go over a green on my course. Troubling chip shots await. Somehow I am managing to keep my handicap around a 3 which is baffling to me.

6.2 miles today @130 bpm.

BeeRunB

Hey there jimmyb aka Obi Wan Mafoni

I actually carry my bag. Those pull cart things are dangerous. Truth be told I did not score very well but played well. Shot a 76 and three of those strokes were because I hit some irons about 15 yards longer than I expected. Never go over a green on my course. Troubling chip shots await. Somehow I am managing to keep my handicap around a 3 which is baffling to me.

6.2 miles today @130 bpm.

I bow to your excellence and say "I am not worthy." Awesome score. My best was a 74, but on a handicap of 10 or so. Low 80's was my hangout back when I created and ran a golf league (full 18-hole matches on Friday mornings). My last shot ever, before taking up running, was a chip-in birdie to win all the money. I'm reticent to go back to golf, because when I die and look back at my life, I want that one Ted Williams' moment (hit a homer last at bat). But...I'm getting the bug again, and might have to just walk away another time after a chip-in birdie.

1:26:00

5.34 miles

120-130 bpm

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hot to Trot  8 hour(7/16/17). 15.9 miles after 4.5 hours. Called it a day because I could not manage to run up the inclines without knee pain.  Pace slowed to ~23:00. A marathon in 8 hours was not going too happen. Miles 4 Maria Saturday. It is a flat .65 mile loop. Hopefully the results will be better.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I word Clay - fitbit

Somehow I don't think I'm 25 anymore.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

4 mile walk

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter