Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

13.7 miles

4:46:00   I did not stop my watch for restroom or water stops.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi!  Ran 10 today, 35 for the week.  Knee is a bit achy but nothing major.  So far, so good.  4 more PT sessions and she will graduate me.  Boo, hiss. I could go all year.

Damaris

BeeRunB

1:30:00

120-130 bpm

You're sure putting in some time on your feet, Ron. 

SD_BlackHills

Capped off a personal record 100.5 mile week. 4 more weekends and it's St George Marathon time (and Vegas, baby Vegas!). Still feeling very, very good but I think the horses are in the barn so going to start tapering it off.
          Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 6 on Monday and 6 last night.  Watching the hurricane going over my parents last night and now watching it come up our way.

Damaris

SD_BlackHills

Ran 6 on Monday and 6 last night.  Watching the hurricane going over my parents last night and now watching it come up our way.

Stay safe, Docket!
              Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thank you!

Ran my 15 today just in case we have no power this weekend (likely).

Damaris

BeeRunB

Stay safe, Damaris.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 5.  Watching the hurricane getting West and more West.  Hoping it continues.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Stay safe

Ran 5.  Watching the hurricane getting West and more West.  Hoping it continues.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think the worse has passed for us and we kept power the whole time.  Ran 5 on the TM this morning and so far, so good.

Damaris

SD_BlackHills

I think the worse has passed for us and we kept power the whole time.  Ran 5 on the TM this morning and so far, so good.

That's good to hear. Not everyone was so lucky. Glad you are safe and sound. Capped off an 85.0 mile week. 4 miles at the end of my long run were fast (about 6:05 pace) and the preceding 81 miles were all super easy. Even had a few runs sub 120 bpm. The meat of the marathon training is in full swing but taper starts next week.
                          MarkS2

You are putting in very heavy weeks! You should be ready and primed for that marathon! Enjoy the taper...

i have had had a pretty steady diet of 60-70/week and am healthy going into the taper.  Unfortunately I will be at a meeting this weekend Friday- Monday and don't know when I can get a run in those days...I can do a 4:30 a.m. Run before I go on Friday but don't know what conditions will be like in the area we are staying for the meeting, or if there is good running routes available near there....

Mark

SD_BlackHills

You are putting in very heavy weeks! You should be ready and primed for that marathon! Enjoy the taper...

i have had had a pretty steady diet of 60-70/week and am healthy going into the taper.  Unfortunately I will be at a meeting this weekend Friday- Monday and don't know when I can get a run in those days...I can do a 4:30 a.m. Run before I go on Friday but don't know what conditions will be like in the area we are staying for the meeting, or if there is good running routes available near there....

Mark

When is your marathon, Mark?  Good luck!  I'm in the same boat.  I'm traveling to Chicago on business next week, then San Diego the week of the marathon.  No idea what I'm going to do in Chicago but the week of the race I will probably not run much at all.

My race is in St. George Utah on Oct. 7.  I'm going with a couple of buddies and we are turning it into a guys Vegas weekend.  

BeeRunB

50:00 recovery

115-120 bpm

Hurricane Irma passed by Atlanta yesterday as a weak tropical storm. Wasn't too bad in my area.

Damaris and Ron, check in. How did it go?