Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I forgot to say I tripped at work yesterday, sigh.  Twisted my good ankle, and my bad leg was cranky during my 6 yesterday.  Both knees are sore today.  If there was any doubt as to how I must have torn my meniscus, I just did a recreation.

Trail runner practice.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My first trail HM was a shortened 10K because I twisted my foot 7 times (same leg), so...

Ran/walk my 8 miles at 10:1 on the TM.  Felt good enough to run each mile faster than the last.  Thinking of starting full running at MAF tomorrow.

Damaris

SD_BlackHills

My first trail HM was a shortened 10K because I twisted my foot 7 times (same leg), so...

Ran/walk my 8 miles at 10:1 on the TM.  Felt good enough to run each mile faster than the last.  Thinking of starting full running at MAF tomorrow.

Turning the corner on that setback fast!

Good luck, on the MAF run.  It will be interesting to see how your paces compare to pre-injury and how quickly it comes back.

It's still fascinating to me that you guys can actually run at MAF.  I can only run at MAF for a few minutes before my HR runs up rapidly requiring several minutes of rest before I can continue running under MAF, but I think that may be just because my aerobic system is still weak and building.

Hilltopper72

Hilltopper

Turning the corner on that setback fast!

Good luck, on the MAF run.  It will be interesting to see how your paces compare to pre-injury and how quickly it comes back.

It's still fascinating to me that you guys can actually run at MAF.  I can only run at MAF for a few minutes before my HR runs up rapidly requiring several minutes of rest before I can continue running under MAF, but I think that may be just because my aerobic system is still weak and building.

I am in the walk phase too.  I literally can't run, in fact I can walk at the same speed uphill that I can't run flat.

SD_BlackHills

Pleased to say that I only had to walk once on this week's long run!  Now if only I could get that down to zero.  I took a different approach this time.  I turned this into a fast finish long run.  In other words, I ran the vast majority of it roughly 15 bpm below MAF.  Then I cranked it up to MAF for the last mile and a half.

Distance:  14 miles

Mile Splits:

1 - 10:04

2 - 9:03

3 - 8:26

4 - 8:56

5 - 10:09

6 - 10:41

7 - 10:11

8 - 9:02

9 - 8:40

10 - 8:42

11 - 9:04

12 - 9:00

13 - 7:51

14 - 6:43

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Surgeon discharged me, yay.

Ran 5 with a MAF fail after Mile 2.  HR was too high, but it was super windy and I just quit MAF after Mile 3.  I'll do better next time.

Damaris

Hilltopper72

Hilltopper

Pleased to say that I only had to walk once on this week's long run!  Now if only I could get that down to zero.  I took a different approach this time.  I turned this into a fast finish long run.  In other words, I ran the vast majority of it roughly 15 bpm below MAF.  Then I cranked it up to MAF for the last mile and a half.

Distance:  14 miles

Mile Splits:

1 - 10:04

2 - 9:03

3 - 8:26

4 - 8:56

5 - 10:09

6 - 10:41

7 - 10:11

8 - 9:02

9 - 8:40

10 - 8:42

11 - 9:04

12 - 9:00

13 - 7:51

14 - 6:43

Congrats, that is awesome!

BeeRunB

Surgeon discharged me, yay.

Ran 5 with a MAF fail after Mile 2.  HR was too high, but it was super windy and I just quit MAF after Mile 3.  I'll do better next time.

Was it an honorable discharge? Were you a good girl?

3.54 mile run  55:00

2.05 mile walk 41:00

Hilltopper72

Hilltopper

90 mins walking uphill on the TM at MAF or below.  I felt like I could have gone for 4 hours if need be.  I have always wondered if the endorphin release of a "runners high" that some people experience is really more about staying within your MAF?  This article is pretty interesting:

https://runnersconnect.net/running-tips/why-runners-high/

SD_BlackHills

90 mins walking uphill on the TM at MAF or below.  I felt like I could have gone for 4 hours if need be.  I have always wondered if the endorphin release of a "runners high" that some people experience is really more about staying within your MAF?  This article is pretty interesting:

https://runnersconnect.net/running-tips/why-runners-high/

No wonder, I'm (allegedly) so irritable during the taper phase before a race!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Afternoon!  Went to PT today and ran a mile there.  She made me jump everywhere.  I guess she took the discharge seriously?

Damaris

BeeRunB

Afternoon!  Went to PT today and ran a mile there.  She made me jump everywhere.  I guess she took the discharge seriously?

I thought I heard boinging coming from the southeast earlier. 

3.56 mile run  55:00

1.8 mile walk 35:00

Hilltopper72

Hilltopper

30 mins P90X3 Dynamix workout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uiKCHxcEbg

30 mins P90X3 Pilates workout - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISFe9xSJp5o

Hilltopper72

Hilltopper

90 mins TM at 4.5 degree incline.  Avg bpm 131.  5.34 miles.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

GPS Interval

TypeDistanceDurationElapsed TimePaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
                                1 Interval 1 mi 17:06.64 17:06.64 17:07 95 115  
                                2 Interval 1 mi 15:14.34 32:20.98 15:15 110 125  
                                3 Interval 1 mi 15:30.76 47:51.74 15:31 112 135  
                                4 Interval 1 mi 17:10.04 1:05:01.78 17:11 107 129  
                                5 Interval 0 km 0:04.37 1:05:06.15   102 103  

4 mile walk

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/