Looks like I am benched for a long, long, 'Oh so long' time (Trent - advice would be peachy!) (Read 1247 times)

Trent, Not to hijak Claire's thread. But what would you do if you were me at this point? (Or what would you recommend if I was one of your pts or kiddos?) (Speaking of kiddos, Eli ready to kill you yet? How is she doing? Big sister lessons continuing still?)
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Worth considering the bone stimulator. And, at this point, a second opinion. Ellie is still tolerating me, and is now 31 1/2 weeks. Getting on a plane in a few hours (me, not her) to go see my sister's (note this) seven day old lil boy.
        Wow. I guess there was something in the water at your seder. (I dont even know if you had seder together and I refuse to do the math anyway.) Are you taking a sharp knife with ya? I hope you check it and they dont allow it as a carry-on! My second opinion here told me I really should go learn how to read a text-book and I really shouldnt still be having trouble and he didnt understand my case. He is supposed to send my most recent x-rays back to Vandy, but as we love to joke, "It's Israel" and it is yet to happen. If I am getting special treatment (which I am! how many other pts get to go into their docs tiny little office which has all their reserach scattered all over the desk?), I wonder how long it would take to get them to the US for a "normal" person.
          Abby - I am so sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your hip Sad Can't they digitize the images and send them to Vandy via the internet?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

There is a digital and a hard copy. I have the hard copy. The digital copy didnt get uploaded originally due to some computer probs they were having that day. But it is now on-line. But, they havent gotten around to sending it yet evidently. I will be back in the US next month for a wedding and my doc there is betting that she will get the hard copy from me when I mail it to her then. I would bet she is right.

Now that was a bath...

Yikes Abby! How does the saying go - misery loves company Wink I can't believe that we have ended up in the 'Worst case scenario' of running injuries! I have started to sadly question whether I will be able to run in the future. I am petrified of having to go through all this crap again! If I manage to beat this without surgery I will run again - if I can't - I may have to ask whether my running is detrimental to my health and my family. The funny thing is that I am in more pain now that I have ever been. I hope that the pain is doing something, that my body is healing and not that it is just my poor leg bone screaming out 'Enough already!' I have my next Shock Treatment on Friday. I spoke to the man again a few days ago and he said that he personally has a 100% success rate with non unions at the moment but that it is about 98% world wide. I hope that he isn't just talking shit and that I don't become the first non success of his practice! I just want this leg healed! Alice is due in two weeks, baby is engaged and I am just waiting for the big day. I am pleased to have such a positive focus in my life at the moment Big grin Love to you all and apologies for not being around more. I guess I just need to find my Mojo. Claire xxx
            • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
            • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                Hey all, Sorry to gloat in Claire's thread, but my stress fracture is officially healed. Of course, why my hip is still hurting me remains a mystery. But I will take goodnews when I get it. Big grin
                  That's awesome, Abby!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

SMART Approach

Hi Kooky, I cannot believe your doctor has not had you using the EXOGEN bone healing system. www.exogen.com This has been on the market 12 years and widely used by ortho docs and sports teams and is FDA indicated to accelerate tibia fracture healing and heal all/most non unions. This device accelerates tibia fracture healing by around 40% with only one 20 min treatment a day. You also have a non union. The success rate for healing non unions with EXOGEN is around 90%. Your doc is behind the times by not prescribing it. He needs to write a prescription and call the Smith and Nephew rep in the area (where do you live?) and he can have you set up in days. Your insurance will buy it for you. This will give you a strong chance and getting this healed. Any questions, please e-mail personally. Not sure of the shock therapy you speak of but if it is not FDA indicated, then there is no clinical proof that it works.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tchuck, Kooky lives Down Under. I am not sure what is available on that side of the globe or how well it is covered. We had actually discussed this approach way back when this began. I would also submit with all due respect that this particular syllogism does is probably not correct:
                      if it is not FDA indicated, then there is no clinical proof that it works.
                      Not all FDA indicated therapies have real clinical evidence behind them, and some things with clinical evidence behind them are not FDA approved. Wink

SMART Approach

Tchuck, Kooky lives Down Under. I am not sure what is available on that side of the globe or how well it is covered. We had actually discussed this approach way back when this began. I would also submit with all due respect that this particular syllogism does is probably not correct: Not all FDA indicated therapies have real clinical evidence behind them, and some things with clinical evidence behind them are not FDA approved. Wink
                        Trent, I totally agree. I didn't say but meant, Gold Standard, Randomized, Double Blind, Placebo Controlled studies. I am natural medicine/supplement fanatic (herbs, nutrients antioxidants etc) and agree totally in the benefit of some of these things without "true scientific studies".

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Big grin Now we just gotta ship Kooky a bone stimulator across the world.
                          JakeKnight

He said bone stimulator.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Imminent Catastrophe

He said bone stimulator.
                              Huh huh huh heh heh heh heh huh huh huh heh heh....

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Now that was a bath...

Hey, I leave and my thread gets good. Big grin Abby, that's fab news and I am so very pleased for you! I guess when it comes to my leg I have to have trust in my Doctor. At this point I have no reason not to. He is a very well renowned Sport's Doctor here in NZ and was the Sport's Doctor to the New Zealand Olympic Athletics Team. We discussed the bone stimulator already (it would be free here, all my treatment has been, even the expensive Shock Therapy, podiatry and offer of orthotics). He thought that there was enough research to suggest that Shock Therapy would be more effective quicker than bone stimulators. I guess I will find out if it is working soon enough! I should be seeing my Doctor later this month. I'll keep you updated. If this doesn't work, I may just tie my Sport's Doctor to the table and send Shock Waves up his ass. Then I guess it will be on to the Bone Stimulator. Which will make JK and Russ giggle. So it's alright by me. Claire xxx
                              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.