Pace on the Summary Page... (Read 1768 times)

Maybe this has been suggested before, but the only thing missing from the summary page in my training log would be what my average pace for the week (and month, and year) was. I know its a weird thing to want...but...I'd rather see my average pace for the week rather than total time. Gives me a better idea of my progression of fitness. For example, this is what I'd like to see: 10/22/2007 — 10/28/2007: 39.5 Mi 4:24:39 6:42 October: 221.8 Mi 24:50:00 6:44 Distance: 2053.1 Mi Time: 232:07:53 (9 days, 16 hours) Pace: 6:48 Anyway...I just think that would be a nice addition.

Sack up and run.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Pace: 6:48
      Yeah, I'd like to see that on my logs as well. Sheesh Undecided
        Aside from--like Trent--wishing my average pace was 6:48, I think this would be pretty neat, too.

sean

I'd like to see this too.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I run for Fried Chicken!

I'll vote for this as well. I wouldn't mind it on the calendar as well since it has the weekly summaries already.
            Timr1

Yes, I think this would be a great addition to both the summary page and the calendar page.
              eric :)

Hrm... how did I miss this one... I'll have to think about how to do the layout for this one. Stay tuned.
                  It occurs to me that sometimes I don't enter either distance or time for a run, so it would be great if the weekly / monthly average pace was only based on runs with both stats. Somewhat related, I find the weekly and monthly mileage reports on the summary page quite useful, and often wish that they went back farther. Perhaps the title ("Weekly Distances") could be a link to a page with all weekly distances going back in time to when I joined RA?

sean

twoodcc

i would also like to see this, and i'd like to see my overall pace also....like my all-time pace thanks
                    Kenotic Runner

Me too. Cool Running had weekly, monthly, and yearly pace averages on the summary page. Plus ability to do some graphing of pace (including by type of workout) over time. RA does so much more than CR, but this is about the only feature I miss from CR.
                        Plus ability to do some graphing of pace (including by type of workout) over time.
                        Though the average paces by time period aren't here (yet), you can do this. Smile

sean

Though the average paces by time period aren't here (yet), you can do this. Smile
                          True. But this only works if you have one workout in a day. If you have multiple workouts - some people do doubles - some people split their warmup/cooldowns from their intervals for example - then it adds the paces together for that day instead of averages them. Eric has already mentioned in a previous post that he would address this when he reworked the graphing.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

True. But this only works if you have one workout in a day. If you have multiple workouts - some people do doubles - some people split their warmup/cooldowns from their intervals for example - then it adds the paces together for that day instead of averages them. Eric has already mentioned in a previous post that he would address this when he reworked the graphing.
                            Yeah, that's true if you use the histogram graph. I usually use the XY plot: instead of adding the paces together it simply shows the first one (of each run type) so if you do a warmup and a workout and list them as different run types it works fine. If you do two easy runs in one day then it only shows the first one, so it still leaves something to be desired.

sean

Outside Lane

Hrm... how did I miss this one... I'll have to think about how to do the layout for this one. Stay tuned.
                              This would still be helpful (at least to me).

See how they run...

Wingz

Professional Noob

This would still be helpful (at least to me).
                                I think you've mentioned that before. A few times. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...