Cliche'd Argument Thread - trolls welcome (Read 1370 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Let's consolidate All dogs should be euthanized/all dogs are great and the owners should be euthanized Joggers are ruining our sport/the more the merrier Galloway training will help you run your best marathon/Gallowalkers are subhuman I'm sure I'm missing a few. Please, chime in, these haven't been discussed enough
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is possible to predict your 50k time to within a second based on your third 400 out of 7, given complete recovery between them, maintaining a HR of 159 during them and keeping your cadence at 181 throughout.
      JakeKnight

Here's a couple more: iPods are a fun way to spice up your run! vs. iPlodders aren't real runners and they're marathon death traps! Or Dean Karnazes is a sexy inspiration! vs. Dean Karnazes is the running anti-Christ who's ruining the world with his evil marketing campaigns! ------------- I could think of more, but I'm leaving this thread and never looking back. I expect EnduranceMan to arrive any second, like a fly on poop.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

iPods are evil. iPods are awesome.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here's a couple more: iPods are a fun way to spice up your run! vs. iPlodders aren't real runners and they're marathon death traps!
            Damn, you beat me to it! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Damn, you beat me to it! Tongue
              It was an obvious one. Mr. Inertia deserves demerits for leaving it out. It's the unholy trinity of running boards: ipods, Galloway, and Karnazes. If they all appear at the same time, any running website instantly vanishes in a puff of snark. (Yes, Trent, apologies to D. Adams. Categorize me as a plagiarist.) Now I'm really leaving. This is gonna stupid. Er.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't forget Chi/Pose running debates.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, and "pure" runners do not use Garmins or watches or iPods or gels or hydration or technical fabrics. I am a whore runner by some standards...at least a gear whore. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Don't forget Chi/Pose running debates.
                    Oh, snap. I'd add that to the trinity, but I don't know what the four version is. Quaternaty? Besides, the Chi/Pose debate is usually one excited cult member versus 50 people hosing him down. It's not pretty.

#artbydmcbride

Periodization is important, focused training needs intervals, hillwork, long runs and varied paces based on heart rate vs shut up and just run! Big grin

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A running board is another great place for political discourse. / Don't care what side you're on, get your damn politics off my running board.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That reminds me of the time I ran from kroger to kroger to kroger.
                            Have I mentioned today how great local organic tofu is?

Amy

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

It was an obvious one. Mr. Inertia deserves demerits for leaving it out. .
                              You know that feeling when you sleep in, don't run and your training log has a big fat goose egg when you're supposed to get in your 8 miles w/10 x 100 striders? I feel like that now. What do I need to do to get rid of those demerits? I don't want them on my permanent record.
                              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Have I mentioned today how great local organic tofu is?
                                Give em to me. Oh, and really, biodynamic is far better than organic. Except on Friday nights.