Facebook Integration (Read 5812 times)

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Just wanted to add my four cents worth (inflation ya know), that I'd love to see a Facebook application for RA as well. And speaking of facebook...how many RAr's have a facebook page and how do we get hooked up as "friends"? Confused I'm not all the tech saavy Undecided
    Agreed--facebook application would be awesome. Thank you for any and all work already in process on this! paul_26.2 -- to find people on facebook, you would need their name/location and so a quick search for their profile. You can "add as friend" from the search results.

Chris
    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

I just submitted another thread that I somehow did not catch this one in my search for API request Eric, If you need help with designing/implementing a RESTful API please do not hesitate to contact me either here or offline (jcarouth@gmail.com) Thanks for an awesome product I'd love to help you make it more accessible via a public api. - Jeff
        There does more or less exist and API and a Python wrapping for it. And also a somewhat functioning but minimal Facebook application. However, it is currently disabled pending the log change and also until we figure out a way to reduce its load on Eric's server. When the new log is released Eric and I will probably get it up and running again and release at least something for people to play with. -Peter
          Thanks for the info Peter. However I am not *really* interested in the facebook app. I want a service that I can consume to pull my workout data to my personal website, for example. - Jeff
            Ok - the new log is up. We are waiting now for some facebook integration news Smile
            MikeB-BoR

Ditto! Can't wait for a Facebook App. Thanks Eric and Peter!

Goals :
              •Drop to 180 #s and hold steady around that weight 

markc123

Any News? I am quite eager to work on getting to grips with an API to this awesome site. I think a wordpress plugin via an would be preferable to the current java scripty things I use on my blog. Is the facebook app stalled due to needing to host it somewhere?
                  Eric, Is there a way to use the scripts provided in the Tools section to get the log posted to Facebook? I am unfamiliar with using scripts so any guidance you can provide would be much appreciated. Tim T.
                    I would be down with this too! I use mapmyrun.com ocassionally but my heart truly lies with RA...I would LOVE to be able to publish my RA info... Not sure if taking a look at this app would help; http://apps.facebook.com/mapmyfitness Just my $0.02 -edited to make link "clickable"
                    "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
                      If anyone is good at writing facebook apps in general... perhaps someone could find a way to just convert java scripts to something that facebook could handle... then we could just use the java scripts that RA provides for blogs and such, and somehow have those integrate with Facebook? Anyone?
                        Logmyrun.com now has facebook intergreation. I don't think it has all the other features that RunningAhead has. I wonder if there's anyway the two sites could work together?
                          yeah I set up a logyourrun account to share on facebook but I found I didn't like it as much as running ahead it's much easier to use but I desperately want something I can integrate with facebook to promote my sisters training for NYC this year!
                          timtest

self promotion
                            BMAH07

Facebook ap. would not only be great, it would be a great way to share this awesome tool with friends.
                              slilley

Another way to go is to create a Twitter update - I believe it is more API-friendly - it's designed to be updated from external sources. Since Facebook already has a Twitter application, Facebook users could receive automatic updates from Twitter if they want. Here's the API for Twitter: http://apiwiki.twitter.com/ Just an idea.