3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

Beatin' on the Rock

I'm also trying to think of good songs from Matchbox 20 that would be good for a run. I love those guys, and have all of their CDs. Disease, maybe?
    "How Far We've Come" is a wonderful run! (I was a flashdance freak, too, and I'm OLD; I rode my bike to work, got a big dog and took dance classes! How embarrassing. Big grin Guess I'll soon have to admit to my "Footloose" phase?)
    Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
      "How Far We've Come" is a wonderful run! (I was a flashdance freak, too, and I'm OLD; I rode my bike to work, got a big dog and took dance classes! How embarrassing. Big grin Guess I'll soon have to admit to my "Footloose" phase?)
      At Target a few months ago I found a DVD that had both Flashdance & Footloose on it... I snapped that thing up so fast, I don't think I even stopped walking (maybe I didn't want anybody to see me doing it!!). I had minor surgery shortly after and got to watch both of them, back to back, without getting up off the couch (a great thing, when you're a mother!). It was awesome!! Tongue

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

"Footloose"... "Holding Out for a Hero" is great.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

However, "Almost Paradise" is not.
            This inspired me to make a playlist for today's treadmill 10 miler (first running playlist ever.) Next, I'll have to work on PACING. Went out way too fast: A sampling: Scottish bagipe band songs - bagpipes ROCK! Grateful Dead: Fire on the Mountain Some live Nirvana Pogues: Sally MacLennane Police: Born in the 50s Shivaree: Bossa Nova Patti Smith: Gloria Sex Pistols: God Save the Queen Yeah, it's not 3. I don't think I could have 3 consistently favorite songs.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a new fave in my top 3...Peaches and Ton-Loc remake of "Wild Thing." I think I have more Peaches songs on my running playlists than just about any other artist. She cracks me up and makes me feel aggressive. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

patora

Awesome thread peeps!! Have just downloaded TONNES of these (no worries about stuff, I'm in Japan, they can't get me!) Will super enjoy these! So many songs I wanted but never remember until I get on the dance floor. I like songs 5 min or over... anyone have suggestions for long, upbeat songs?
                  First run with my nano today - I don't know how I ever ran without it!!!! I couldn't figure out the playlist thing in time for my run but my Matchbox 20 CD was downloaded, and Thunderthighs -- you were right, How Far We've Come was perfect!!! It came on right when I needed it to, too, when I was finishing up. As a result of my new toy, I finished my first "5K" (by myself, in my neighborhood Tongue). I could have thrown in a few extra culdesacs but figured I wouldn't overdo it. I can't wait to go running tomorrow!! Big grin

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

LOVE Footloose, the music and the movie. I grew up in a strict religious family a lot like the one in the movie - couldn't dance, swim with boys, cut my hair, go to PG movies, etc., etc. I could relate to the girl, lol! I think I was the happiest person in the world when I got to college (The University of Texas, a den of iniquity, thank goodness). That reminds me - I have to break it to my parents I will be skipping church when I visit them in order to run in a 5k! Eek. My favorite joke: Why don't Baptists make love standing up? It might lead to dancing.

Giants Fan

1. Right Now by VanHalen 2. U & UR Hand by Pink 3. Summer Girl by Jessica Andrews

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My favorite joke: Why don't Baptists make love standing up? It might lead to dancing.
                        I was raised Baptist and haven't attended church in almost 20 years...and I married an atheist. Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

phzzzzzzzzzzz

My 3 favorite runnning song: Breath -- by Ministry Enjoy the Abuse -- by Combichrist F* You, Let's Rodeo -- by Fear But, there's also: Smash It Up -- by The Damned, and What's In It For Me -- by Pitchshifter Those songs get me moving.

uncontrollable

Mr. Roboto - Styx Mortal Combat Soundtrack - Control (Traci Lords) ... 6 1/2 minutes long - great! Ride like the Wind - Christopher Cross Those are my classic favorites My newest favorites: Flashing Lights - Kanye West Into the Night - Santana Nobody's Perfect - Hannah Montanna Kelly

peace

Nobody's Perfect - Hannah Montanna
                              I really like her voice! I can't wait to see what her future holds.

Michelle

uncontrollable

I really like her voice! I can't wait to see what her future holds.
                                Me too!

peace