Masters Running

Thursday 4-4-24 (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I’m taking the day off to let my calf calm down.

Regarding my nephew… the colon dr called and apologized for not getting back to us sooner, but said that all the tests show they got all the cancer removed.  He’s pretty sore, so I did not stop in to see him.  Hopefully, tomorrow.

Okay—that’ll all I got.  See ya.

That’s great news, Mike!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tom - you would have liked duck hunting in those days when the blue skies would keep 'em flying high and out of range but raining and windy'd be right down on the deck. Did you used to hunt too?

===========

cold

windy

spitting rain>>>>>>>>>My Perfect Conditions                 (if you can only shoot Trap in Ideal Conditions)

shot 20/19

on two rounds of trap,in high winds

and

won both rounds>>>>YOWZA

ps - one of the first jokes I remember from my childhood was two duck hunters at the base of a ski jump saying, "and the beauty of it is, you don't even need a license." I sure don't think it's funny now.

Tramps - we've signed lots of directives, wishes, powers, etc. but haven't come across the dementia one which, interesting refers the only legal starving one in many states as "do not intubate," I guess, with one of the Enteral Gravity Feeding Connector that I almost picked up at a Medicare give-away last fall when they looked like swim goggles. Since I like the dementia directive, I guess I don't need it anyway. Thanks.

With all of us being octogenarians now, we learned one of the classmates at our semiannual HS reunion lunch had both a son and a grandson both involved in getting their respective divorces, or being divorced as the case may be, alcoholic addiction of one uncle beyond any hope of help, several dementias, maybe including maybe us too if you count the number of times one of the other of us forgot something and had to be reminded about it but, however, I was assured that it doesn't mean I have it because of forgetting or mixing up names all the time, not being so unable to spell anymore that spell check even mispels for me, 

erika - not that it would ever happen to me but, speaking of forgetting, thanks for the George encounter.  He turned what was going to be an dreary trudge through the park for my first outside foray since the TKA into a delight that I now consider to be the first sign that it all might all have been well worth it, after all.  I'll be back there next year either thinking of him or running with him, at least, our style of running.

Jeanne - otherwise, at this stage, we are our parents for sure, including two of us being told by our classmates that we looked and acted like ours.

ps Mike - makes my day, especially today.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I look my best blurry!

Hi all!  I still recognize some names here even though it's been a long long time! I don't think I can really catch up!  But I can start from today! BYT- Welcome back, I am in the same boat!

Roch-I'm always trying to stay off the computer but I am trying for less FB and more RA for a change!

Holly-I went through a McDonald's cone phase.  I have moved on to other vices.  At least there is some portion control involved!

Karen-Hey there!  Good getting out the door despite the gloom!

Dave-I need to follow your lead.

Anne-So sorry about your mom.  I was the only caregiver of 4 children for my mom for several years.  I lost my mom on Thanksgiving at 84 to dementia.  I wish your father and your family togetherness, peace lots of smiles and laughter.

Me?  I have a race coming up the 15th.  I will likely be slower than ever but I will finish.  I have a tendon tear.  It is what it is.  Still running with my friends and enjoying the great outdoors.  Life is good.

Hi, Kristen!  Good to “see” you.  BTY is our swimmer and he is here- but just doesn’t start threads that often. Glad you have come back to our group.  It’s been awesome for me ever since I got banned from the LLR.  :

Sorry about your tendon tear!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

SteveP

Holly - You really need McDonald's ice cream delivered to your door.

Tramps - Thank you again for links.

Tom White - Snork!

MikeE - Greta news on your nephew.

I got three on the mill. Then the at home PT.

I had neglected to take may Easter Bunny stuff home from work.  One of the regular drivers sent a text saying letting me know there was going to be a new driver.  I got the loading dock prepped while the driver was backing in.  They could see me in the mirrors.  When the truck parked, I slipped around the corner and put on the mascot head.  The driver jumped out to try and scare me and we both jumped!  The new driver said, "I should have known".   He was a guy who left the company in August to move with his family in FL.  As great as his DW's new job was, they missed the family in MI too much.   The unload was too quick to ketchup.

DW and I stopped at a small diner in Interlochen to get burritos.

SteveP

tet//......yeah,

my brothers and I grew up hunting,

and

hitting clay pigeons is easier in high winds than it is for for the competition shooters

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....