ultimate runner's test...... (Read 4097 times)

Jazz hands!

impenetrable goop
    If it's impenetrable is it still goop? Discuss.
    run run run AHHHHHH run run run
    sport jester

Biomimeticist

Math says the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. And I (and others) run it... If you believe otherwise, then please discuss

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Math says the shortest distance between two points is a straight line... If you believe otherwise, then please discuss
        The shortest distance between any two points on the earth's surface is a great circle. /BOOM!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Math says the shortest distance between two points is a straight line. And I (and others) run it... If you believe otherwise, then please discuss
          impressive. and you type so efficiently. much like hens pecking at feed corn. you have studied well.

Scout7

Yeah, but if the course is a loop, you're cheating.
            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I... Then again, 30 pages in a week is 30 pages.
              What was the longest duration in a day, and do we need to take a rest week so we don't overtrain or ruin our fingers?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

And to the whole ostrich thing.... Why don't you ask KosherDave what it was like to learn how to run like an ostrich.
                Mr. S. Jester, You mentioned earlier the Ostrich's ability to evade with sudden turning, as well as lessons to be learned in running down hill, (safely lessening the impact on ones knee). It seems like there are some subtle anatomical differences between ostrich and human legs, specifically the way the knee bends. Does this make the comparison less meaningful? Please elaborate, no detail is too small.
                  Oh, KosherDave, What was it like to learn to run like an ostrich?
                  xor

What was the longest duration in a day, and do we need to take a rest week so we don't overtrain or ruin our fingers?
                    No, you just need to put in a sincere response after 5-10 joke responses. Gallowtroll.

Feeling the growl again

This is out-freaking-standing. Our Sport Clown here claims world records on his part and that of one of his proteges to be a big part of his claim to legitimacy, yet those records are in INDOOR ROWING (not even a real sport) and SKATING!!! How far removed from running can you get, buddy?? Hey, I was 5th in the nation in indoor smallbore rifle when I was in college....guess I should go profess what an expert on gymnastics I am. It never ceases to amaze me just how deeply some people can delude themselves and not realize how they look to the rest of the world....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Mr. S. Jester, You mentioned earlier the Ostrich's ability to evade with sudden turning, as well as lessons to be learned in running down hill, (safely lessening the impact on ones knee). It seems like there are some subtle anatomical differences between ostrich and human legs, specifically the way the knee bends. Does this make the comparison less meaningful? Please elaborate, no detail is too small.
                        easy, they're identical, just better at rotation biomechanics http://jeb.biologists.org/cgi/content/full/210/8/i?etoc http://jeb.biologists.org/cgi/content/abstract/210/8/1378

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Math says the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.
                          Math says this? Who is this Math? Do you mean that a mathematician says this? Any one in particular? Pythagoreas? Most mathematicians would say that the shortest distance between two points is a line segment. A line is infinite and all lines have equal length.
                          sport jester

Biomimeticist

Trent, Touche, better definition I'll agree... the key word however, is straight... Or running to midline..

Scout7

Man's legs are identical to an ostrich's legs? Don't their knees bend in the opposite direction from ours?
                              sport jester

Biomimeticist

Its function of center of mass, not anatomy defines your viewpoint http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Squelette_oiseau.JPG