3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

Done.  First 50 mile week since April 2010.

NICE.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Wait, you are going to Florida and you are worried about getting miles in when you have glorious weather?  Wink

Enjoy the time with the kids.

The weather won't be the issue and thanks!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

This thread is just what we needed for Dec. At a time where it would bs easy to say f-it and skip a run for more family time or to just recover from that Holiday party. Many of you are putting up some awesome efforts. After 5 weeks off, I've hit 30, 50, and 60. For some stupid reason, I feel compelled to keep building that trend. Although I have no desire to get to that 140 mile threshold. That is just crazy

Feeling the growl again

I have no desire to get to that 140 mile threshold. That is just crazy

Heh.  Me neither.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

141. That's great. Nothing like a little motivation and fun.

I just got a little 5.1 tonight to finish things off for the week. That's two 60+ weeks in a row now. The base is being built.

Oh and what mbehr said +1

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

141. That's great. Nothing like a little motivation and fun.

I just got a little 5.1 tonight to finish things off for the week. That's two 60+ weeks in a row now. The base is being built.

Oh and what mbehr said +1

Good job!  You clawed back some ground this weekend.  We'll see what happens on the week days.  No way in hell I can keep up with both of you on the weekends.

C-R

Good job!  You clawed back some ground this weekend.  We'll see what happens on the week days.  No way in hell I can keep up with both of you on the weekends.

That 141 mile week got you up by 20+.

So what you're saying is that I need to go 70+ this week or stay on the porch.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

That 141 mile week got you up by 20+.

So what you're saying is that I need to go 70+ this week or stay on the porch.

Unless my pelvis snaps in half.  I'd call it a coin flip.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I have to say I'm LOVING THIS!!! Keeps me motivated enough to get my training in that I need but yet I can watch others do stupid stuff so that I don't feel the need too lol, though can't say that had this challenge been like any other month I MAY have fallen into the "trap" . However between weather, kids and travel I'll be lucky to achieve my goal. Speaking of traveling I'll be heading to Florida Tuesday to spend some much needed time with 2 of my older sons. Guess I need to bring my computer so I can read this thread so that it will motivate my ass to get up before the crack ass of dawn and either get out for a run or one in the hotel fitness center.

Enjoy the time with your sons and the weather!   Luckily my "kids" will all be coming here this month.

And this is some stupid stuff on my part...Clown

steph  

I see you are gaining some momentum Hoppity. Cool.

I now log stalk too many people. Thanks for leading me to yet another vice Spaniel.  Stupid running stunts and excess log stalking.

Thanks C-R.  I'm still behind where I "should" be, just not as behind as I was.   Hopefully I'll catch up soon!  Hoping to be able to maintain something once Christmas kicks off and all the stays with family etc start making it more awkward to get out.  I have a reason to get out now though...even if it is one that will be deemed pathetic by anyone other than you lot.

I'm also suffering from an excess of logs to stalk, and am loving following everyone...you, ra and Spaniel are awesome to be watching.  I was pretty psyched that Spaniel got his 140+ (and that his pelvis is still intact at the moment) and two 60's for you.  So, next week is a 70 then?  MrPH and having a reason to get the 50 is awesome too.   Pretty much all of this is to be honest.  It definitely makes for a better December.

Nice goal creep Teaolive.  I defintiely like it.

Have a good trip rocken. 

And a big +1 to mbehr's post. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

The problem with your analogy is that, in the fable, the rabbit stopped.

spaniel aren't you worried you're going to injure yourself after not having run this type of mileage in a while?

Not to be a Debbie Downer or anything Wink