3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

C-R

Oh, running would definitely be a part of this.  There are a few options.  I have a spare bedroom as well so an overnight stay is an option.

Cool and thanks. With the kind of beer we like, driving is typically not an option after a tasting.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Exactly.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Dang.  I'm putting in a solid day today and I'll be lucky to hold my ground.

Got out a little earlier than I thought for my run...it was the hardest it has been.  I sat at my desk for 10 minutes trying to rationalize my way out of doing it.  In the end, I got out and even added another mile onto what was planned so that I have 1 less to do in order to hit my target tonight.

Good and you didn't think we'd make this easy did ya?

Another 10 in the books. This time with a little extra sauce for good measure.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Week Two results are posted:

- Hoppity takes over the lead from pfetro

- kmark and L Train are really duking it out, they are so close that it may be log rounded error (0.2 miles!)

- A1 and Dickey have gone into stealth mode, no updates available

- I extended my lead over C-R/ra to 19+ miles but had to log 145 miles to do it; the fact that the difference was 29 miles just a day ago shows that this lead is still completely meaningless.  It's clear that the winner will need to be well over 500 miles as we are trending nearly 600.

As I expected the real story is rabutler discovering untapped ability.  He's around 80% above where his original goal would have him.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Keep up the nice work everyone!!!!  MrPhin, I'm gonna have to make a road trip. You got some serious beer going on. 

H

well this heat SUCKS however I think I may be on a trend of early morning and late evening running. It's hard to go for long runs around here cause I've been running on a major parkway which has a gazillion lights and LOTS of vehicles. I did manage to get my 19 year old to go our and run a mile with me.I debated about it yesterday since he wouldn't let me buy him running shoe's and was determined to run in his vans. Well I think he learned that mama knows what she's talking about. Just because you CAN run in Van's doesn't mean you SHOULD. Before heading out he wanted to try 2 miles. Needless to say we did 1. Very proud that he wanted to run with me, maybe during my visit I can turn him into a runner.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm afraid I didn't take the lead (I was too busy having to run 60+ miles in 7 days, a lot for me in order to get back on track)...I just logged today's run (15th) already, so I think that might be included in my total mileage...Greg C is the real winner this week!

I definitely agree on rabutler and untapped ability, and on sub-25 being a damn good goal to aim for.

I'm also enjoying runner being a state of mind.

Well done everyone on some awesome mileage and goal setting (and resetting).  Hope all elephants continue to be consumed in a suitable fashion. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

I'm afraid I didn't take the lead (I was too busy having to run 60+ miles in 7 days, a lot for me in order to get back on track)...I just logged today's run (15th) already, so I think that might be included in my total mileage...Greg C is the real winner this week!

Sorry...I was watching for that too....fixed it now.  Sorry Greg C.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Good recap. I'm taxiing to our gate and all I can think about is when and how am I going to make my run today. Thankfully ra has turned into Teboe for our team.

Hey, I don't mind, I just feel bad taking the glory from Greg (and didn't want to make it look like I was falsifying mileage)!

I liked the summary of the week's events.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Good recap. I'm taxiing to our gate and all I can think about is when and how am I going to make my run today. Thankfully ra has turned into Teboe for our team.

Maybe I can take a "recovery" day without getting completely pounded then.  It was a punch in the gut having to cut my run short last night while the two of you put up one of, if not, your highest daily totals yet.

As I was totaling everyone up I saw rabutler gave you his morning miles even though he said he'd be traveling today. 

Punk.

C-R

Heh. I like ra's style. I was thinking about getting a few on the tm prior to my 6:20 flight but opted for the extra 30 minutes of sleep. I will hit the dreadmill tonight though. Tired or not.

It's all good fun. Hop staged quite the comeback this week, and pfetro's right there, and he did it in a lot less time than I did. This is gonna be a good month.

(I am about to go put up 10 more, though. Heh.)

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

It's all good fun. Hop staged quite the comeback this week, and pfetro's right there, and he did it in a lot less time than I did. This is gonna be a good month.

(I am about to go put up 10 more, though. Heh.)

A good month indeed.  Not to mention all 3 of us are on pace for well above 225 (the holidays may ruin that of course!)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I got up an hour early so I could get a run in before I hit the road. There must be something wrong with me.

I've got a full day tomorrow, 5 more hours of travel Sat, Sun is pretty much free, then 13 hours of travel back home on Monday. I'll get a couple more runs in there somewhere.

Once I hit my goal I can stop, right?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Once I hit my goal I can stop, right?

Mileage goal =/= free beer