3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

It was well earned and will make mine and ra's that much sweeter.

Enjoy.

Ha ha.  I did enjoy, and it would have been better if you could have stayed and shared, but you're buying the next round too.  Wink

Though given the magnitude I think you will both beat your goals, I'll be picking up some good stuff to salute you two regardless....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Where were you guys yesterday? Broke my little mini streak...had good intentions of getting out over lunch but priorities of work said otherwise. I at least make money working. Made up for it today with a 15 miler. Some snow packed paths, ahhh, it was a great winter run. Longest single run since the Oct marathon.

this crazyness sure is rubbing off. Just got home from seeing a movie with 2 of my boys and am drinking coffee. Thinking of hitting the treadmill once my 19 year old falls  asleep

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice week of running rocken!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

I'm happy to say I got 82.5 miles ran for the week. Not exactly done the way I'd have liked them but with schedule etc I can't complain. 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice week of running rocken!

You too Hoppity!! How are you feeling? Hope cold is either gone or almost gone!

Cross post, so I'll say it again, nice week of running Smile (especially with being away and all).

MTA: Thanks!  The cold is more or less gone, just with a bit of a cough and "lung snot" left.  It was a bit of a high mileage week for me, but I'm pleased I did it and finished feeling strong.  This time last year I ran my first 40 mile week, so it's nice to have a slightly higher first one year on!

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Where were you guys yesterday?

rabutler was traveling, and C-R and I spent the afternoon putting a 3-day grin on his kid's face.  Then he gave me that Chimay which pretty much sealed the fate of any attempt on my part at an evening run.

I needed the recovery, 6:5x miles day after day were getting really old and my legs were responding poorly to attempts to do workouts.  I'm finally feeling better and will probably double with a tempo run tonight.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

The free beer has started.  A kind thought from C-R in honor of the 148 mile week.  It's going to be a good night...

A fine selection.

Not at it at all. 

C-R and I spent the afternoon putting a 3-day grin on his kid's face.  

Now this is interesting...unless you did some kind of cosmetic surgery, I'm not sure how to get a grin to last that long.

The Chimay looked to be a fine choice.  Careful with accepting free beer early on.  It could just be a part of the plot of CR/ra to make you think they're backing off and you have the easy win.

Just finished up the final run of the week.  Even though I missed Friday, still hit a solid week with 80.  That makes the last four weeks at 30, 50, 60, 80.  At this rate, I'll be up to Spaniel's weekly rate in about a months time.  Yeah, that ain't happening.  Super happy with that at this time of the year.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm back a little early. I'm now the proud father of a United State Air Force Pilot, and apparently, his cat. Because of his assignment we'll be cat sitting for a while, so I had to bag the Louisiana portion of my trip. I'll start a thread and post some pics later this evening.

I hope everyone has had good couple of days of running and all illnesses and pains are getting better.

Enjoy that beer while you can spaniel. Looks like that big lead is shrinking. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Enjoy that beer while you can spaniel. Looks like that big lead is shrinking. Wink

C-R pulled a fast one and ran 15.4 yesterday then didn't log it promptly; didn't mention it when he was out here either.  Then he gave me beer so that I'd slack off in the evening.  A diabolical plot and it worked, I thought he took the day off and I had built a comfy cushion.

That's ok.  I am now on vacation..... Shocked

Congratulations to your son (and of course to you ra). 

Feeling the growl again

Because of his assignment we'll be cat sitting for a while, so I had to bag the Louisiana portion of my trip. I'll start a thread and post some pics later this evening.

Just goes to show you what good comes of getting a cat.  

mbehr, you might be a little old for a 3-day grin but come out to my place for the Beer Mile and I'm pretty sure we could accomplish a 2-day grin for you.

C-R

Now this is interesting...unless you did some kind of cosmetic surgery, I'm not sure how to get a grin to last that long.

Like this

and this

and this

BTW - he wrote his letter to Santa today while I was working the Colts game. He asked for a Ruger 22 pistol like Andy's. Heh.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/