3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

L Train

Just curious how is everyone doing on weight during this month?

I'm jigglier. 

Prince of Fatness

I'm jigglier. 

But I see that you have put down the bag of chips and got up off of the couch.

Not at it at all. 

Bad. I don't think I have really lost anything and that was one of the side benefits I was really hoping for. I think I have traded some fat for leg muscle though.

i would bet that you have defineteley lost some fat and replaced it with some hard earned muscle!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

A Saucy Wench

I like how I have run 2 miles more than A1 but it has taken me 4 hours more.  So if he leaves his Garmin on the counter for 4 hours and logs it as a run he'll  catch me on both counts.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I am trying to keep up with CR and the 300ers, but I feel like they're pulling away from me. Guess I should go run.

get to it cause i'm just starting to feel warmed up! I've forgotten how good this feels!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ha ha!  You're funny.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings/Stats?r=1&e=11&s=1&d=1

It appears that I am lagging behind most of you folks but my goal wasn't that stupid so I am right on schedule.  10 days to go for me to run 56.9 miles.

ya i was thinking more about spaniel, cr and ra, tea  or anyone who upped their mileage considerably. You are one of the smart ones Tim Smile 2012 is so gonna rock!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

get to it cause i'm just starting to feel warmed up! I've forgotten how good this feels!

You're 20mi ahead of me and I'm getting tired of it and you're getting warmed up. Geez.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

You're 20mi ahead of me and I'm getting tired of it and you're getting warmed up. Geez.

how'd you know how long I plan on running tomorrow???  Actually I had forgotten at how well my body responds to higher mileage. We'll see how I'm feeling come January though. If I can string 3 months of 300+ mileage each I'll be set for my 50 in March. Anyways I wouldn't be surprised if you had some crazy ass races coming up for that you are tapering for

Feeling the growl again

I like how I have run 2 miles more than A1 but it has taken me 4 hours more.  So if he leaves his Garmin on the counter for 4 hours and logs it as a run he'll  catch me on both counts.

Yes but A1 is a ninja.  Come Jan 1 he will suddenly smack you down by adding the 600 miles he has not been entering into his log since 12/6.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

By this time tomorrow I should surpass what I said originally...225 miles.  Last week I consciously made the decision to adjust and go for 300.  Given the uncertainty of what was happening in late Oct and into Nov, the 225 sounded reasonable.  I got my highest weekly mileage ever last week and am shooting for the 300 mark for the first time ever.  291 (Aug '10) is my best.  And yes, this is running, not bowling.  Surprised how easily I'm influenced when it's other people putting beer on the line.  I'll treat myself when the in-laws are in town this weekend.

And that 300...10 days and 90 miles left.

A Saucy Wench

Yes but A1 is a ninja.  Come Jan 1 he will suddenly smack you down by adding the 600 miles he has not been entering into his log since 12/6.

I actually meant to type "logged" not "run".  I know how A1 works.   Hell, if I break 130 miles this month it will be a very good month for me.  I have plans and they involve doing everything in the right order. 

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

how'd you know how long I plan on running tomorrow???  ...

Cause your training plan shows up on your training log day. So I went out and ran a bit now, and will run more later, and plan to catch you tomorrow if you just do a recovery run -- but then your Friday long run is gonna be a 'nother problem Smile

Plus you could sneak in another run tomorrow to make it more challenging.

I like how there is a group of run running kind of together in mileage, including mbehr and C-R who are on the 300 road even if they didn't sign up for it.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cause your training plan shows up on your training log day. So I went out and ran a bit now, and will run more later, and plan to catch you tomorrow if you just do a recovery run -- but then your Friday long run is gonna be a 'nother problem Smile

you totally missed what i meant as far as tomorows mileage. You should know by .ow that I can't follow a training plan. Tomorrow's gonna be a long run day Wink

Plus you could sneak in another run tomorrow to make it more challenging.

I like how there is a group of run running kind of together in mileage, including mbehr and C-R who are on the 300 road even if they didn't sign up for it.

Ooops guess i need to learn how to post by phone. Btw i need a 12 step program! I'm fighting the urge to run again. You know it's bad when it's cold and rainy and you still want to go run. Got any recomndations Perry?

A Saucy Wench

Ooops guess i need to learn how to post by phone. Btw i need a 12 step program! I'm fighting the urge to run again. You know it's bad when it's cold and rainy and you still want to go run. Got any recomndations Perry?

A windbreaker and a running hat?

Oh.  Were you looking for someone to talk you out of running?