3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Prince of Fatness

In an hour or so I'll head out for a couple of hours.  This will put me in good shape, needing under 35 miles with a week to go.

I've been pretty lucky with the weather this month.  There were a couple of cold rainy days, but other than that it's been pretty warm.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Pecan pie cookies are so good...

That sounds yummy. I want some.

Perhaps it is an appropriate time to whip this out.

Good thing we're running and not swimming. Wink

I'm thinking I might go hit some trails this morning. Try and abuse some slightly different muscles.

Since it's Christmas Eve I've prepared a note for Santa:

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is an extra 50 miles in my running log for December.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

KEEPER.

I'd say a definite keeper! Either that or she has something against cr and ra...

Cool.

I'm on track for 300 and I'll still have to run extra just to make up for all of these damn cookies.  

Pecan pie cookies are so good...

There's been cookies around here since Thanksgiving. And a steady flow keeps coming. Despite that I'm still down 6 lbs from from the start of the month. I'm almost down to peak racing weight! Now the pecan pie cookies sound good. We're making pecan pie today. The crust we make has vodka in it. My mom made this version for Thanksgiving and it was about the best pecan pie I have ever had. I hope there weren't any little tricks she did otherwise it will be a letdown.

Prince of Fatness

Exactly one week left and I have 31.7 miles to go ..... definitely ahead of schedule now.

Not at it at all. 

Exactly one week left and I have 31.7 miles to go ..... definitely ahead of schedule now.

Great job Mr.Phin!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

C-R

Getting there Finn. Now carry the ball across the end line. I need to regroup today. Too much crap happening.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Getting there Finn. Now carry the ball across the end line. I need to regroup today. Too much crap happening.

Well you lucked out today.  All this running is getting to me, I felt just awful this afternoon.  I had planned a bit of shock-and-awe with a 30-mile triple (12-10-8), but that ain't going to happen.

And...I very much doubt this baby is going to wait much longer.

Beer is good for recovery, right?  I'm trying to carb load with a Leinie's Fireside Nut Brown.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Well you lucked out today.  All this running is getting to me, I felt just awful this afternoon.  I had planned a bit of shock-and-awe with a 30-mile triple (12-10-8), but that ain't going to happen.

Beer is good for recovery, right?  I'm trying to carb load with a Leinie's Fireside Nut Brown.

Here's hoping you feel better and I'm sure baby will wait a week if you explain to him or her there's beer on the line. My double will happen later tonight after a family get together. I sure hope I can pass up the dinner drinks or I might have to run my miles on the TM under the influence. Heh.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I was just thinking this morning that C-R and I needed to try for a little shock-and-awe. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I guess if the baby can't wait till January we can just call it a "no contest".

I certainly hope so. I plan to imbibe heavily this evening.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

The baby was a known factor when the bet was made, as was C-R's travel.  No backing out here...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

The baby was a known factor when the bet was made, as was C-R's travel.  No backing out here...

That's part of the fun. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

A Saucy Wench

Nice try ra.  I think you are only allowed to offer a no contest when you have a lead.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice try ra.  I think you are only allowed to offer a no contest when you have a lead.

Hah! Good point Ennay, although I predict we will take the lead after this weekend. ;-)

Feeling the growl again

Hah! Good point Ennay, although I predict we will take the lead after this weekend. ;-)

Talk is cheap.  You took half my lead on a down day for me.  Now you just have to do that every day for the next week, and you might stand a chance...