3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

No, it's a shovel and the ability to keep a secret.

Not a cat person hmm?

Actually our cats are oblivious.  Our lab on the other hand is worrying her self to death

wanting to know what kind of animal is now in son's room.

steph  

Ohhhh. Pam, now I get your earlier comment - I misread your training plan - I thought the 20 was coming tomorrow. *And* you doubled as well. Very nice!    I doubled today and I'm still over 10mi behind you.

you didn't misread my training plan, I'm just not good at following one. I was feeling too good on Wed and decided why wait. As far as the double, I literally almost passed out from low blood sugar during that run. My eating is way off.

Thanks Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Holy crap Rocken!  Step away for a while and you throw in a 20+ effort day!?  Nice run BTW and good to see the century mark mid-week for you.

Because the insanity is running rampid through this group, I had to hit my sandbagging goal of 225 today.  After a tough (at least it was for me) interval w/o this morning, for some hair-brained idea, I thought I would finish the day of with an easy 30 min run on the treadmill.  Legs actually feel much better after doing that.

Aside from the shake-out interval session the week of the Oct marathon, I had to go all the way back to Aug 2010 just to find another interval effort.  If I can keep this stuff up, it'll be interesting to see how the Feb 4-miler turns out.

Thanks Smile

I think you are going to have a KICK ASS 4 miler in Feb!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks Hop and Tea Smile 

C-R

Thanks Hop and Tea Smile 

for whatever reason this made me want to have a drink with lunch. Curious.

Another 10 in the books for lunch. Now, should I or shouldn't I double tonight? Or should I keep fresher legs for a kick ass long run workout tomorrow. Let's hear some idea people.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

A Saucy Wench

Another 10 in the books for lunch. Now, should I or shouldn't I double tonight? Or should I have a kick ass long run workout tomorrow. Let's hear some idea people.

yes

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Another 10 in the books for lunch. Now, should I or shouldn't I double tonight? Or should I keep fresher legs for a kick ass long run workout tomorrow. Let's hear some idea people.

I'd put it as a question of priorities -- I think it would be easier to catch spaniel (or at least make him hurt more) by doubling -- more running, less intensity.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

In the spirit of this thread you got to double. In the spirit of training, rest tonight and hit the long run hard tomorrow.

Feeling the growl again

If it helps, I did "training" today and just did the long run.

For the second time in 5 days.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'd say whatever gets you more total miles. I think we're well past worrying about training benefits at this point. I had to take a rest day today in the hopes that I can knock out some good mileage this weekend. Spaniel's built himself a bit of a lead, although I see he only did 18 and not 20 on his long run today, so maybe he's getting tired. Joking

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I see he only did 18 and not 20 on his long run today, so maybe he's getting tired. Joking

That happened two weeks ago...

I'd hoped to have a 40ish mile lead to discourage any hero-ish attempt going into the last week, but I don't think what I have will achieve that objective.  Given that it appears 50/50 at best that the baby will wait until the New Year, I MAY be in trouble.

However, this was how the conversation with the wife went:

"The OB says she'll see me next week, either in the office or hospital."

"I guess I'd better run some extra miles then."

"Why?"

"Well, if you go into labor I won't be able to run for a few days."

"Why?  My parents are here.  I don't see any reason why you have to not run."

KEEPER.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

"Why?  My parents are here.  I don't see any reason why you have to not run."

KEEPER.

Cool.

I'm on track for 300 and I'll still have to run extra just to make up for all of these damn cookies.  

Pecan pie cookies are so good...

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Cool.

I'm on track for 300 and I'll still have to run extra just to make up for all of these damn cookies.  

Pecan pie cookies are so good...

Feeling the growl again

I had to take a rest day today in the hopes that I can knock out some good mileage this weekend. Spaniel's built himself a bit of a lead, although I see he only did 18 and not 20 on his long run today, so maybe he's getting tired. Joking

Perhaps it is an appropriate time to whip this out.

C-R

Perfect Blazing Saddles refernce. I'm too whipped to double tonight. Three road trips, Cotls game and some miles got me. It's movie night with the kids but watch you six tomorrow.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/