3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ya know my big  bar falls off of my log tomorrow. When I told that to my husband his reply was "looks like you better run 40 miles again". Very tempting

Good thinkin by him Smile

BTW you need to run more Wink

True. But I did just log my running for tonight, and I didn't catch you, but I got closer...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Rocken-- I take back what I said.  It does appear that I have gained a couple pounds.  crap!

MTA:  And I'm baking cookies today.  I'm sure that will be helpful.

steph  

Rocken-- I take back what I said.  It does appear that I have gained a couple pounds.  crap!

MTA:  And I'm baking cookies today.  I'm sure that will be helpful.

I baked a few dozen the week before I left to Florida and with how many I ate I should have put at least a few lbs on. OH well I'll be backing all Christmas Eve so I'm sure by the New Years all the weight that has left will have found me again.  Tis the season to be gaining isn't it?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Apparently our guests that came in for the holidays didn't appreciate my 6 am treadmill run. Too bad, I didn't appreciate them bringing yet another animal into our house.

Rocken and Tea, you guys are kicking butt. C-R and I may need some help. Is it too late to recruit more team members?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Apparently our guests that came in for the holidays didn't appreciate my 6 am treadmill run. Too bad, I didn't appreciate them bringing yet another animal into our house.

Rocken and Tea, you guys are kicking butt. C-R and I may need some help. Is it too late to recruit more team members?

Bringing an animal unannounced?  If so, major party foul.  I don't envy you with all of these animals trying to get used to each other at the same time.  

If it's any help, very soon I will have 7-8 preschool aged children tearing up my house for several days.  I need to hide all the sugar.

Do like I'll have to do, strap on the headlamp and head outside....just watch out for the USPS...

Too late to recruit new members; glad to see the cracks forming in your armor however.  They match those forming in my pelvis, I could hardly sleep last night from it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Week 3 results are posted.

-Congrats to rabutler for slaying his mileage goal in only 21 days.

-mbehr is tracking to bury his in just a short time more.

-Gold starts to TeaOlive, CliveF and rockenmamaof5 for pulling ahead of the pace needed for their goals.

-pfetro regains the lead...

-kmark keeps a SLIM lead over L Train....let's see some action this week guys!

-I add just a few miles over C-R/ra off much more sane volume, though that does not due justice to the number of miles that traded hands back and forth during the week.  I wanted a 30-mile lead by now but they would not let it happen.

Just 10 days to go people, keep it up....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Nice regain of the lead pfetro (although I am wishing I'd run a couple of miles further yesterday, ah well, always the bridesmaid never the bride...and everyone needs a good support crew I guess).  I think all three of us are nicely ahead of our goals, so hopefully we've got some safety for whatever Christmas brings.

Bloody awesome stuff rabutler.  That is some goal crushing!

And congratulations to everyone else for getting ahead of the goal pace, or fighting the good fight, and for generally being motivating to everyone else.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Week 3 results are posted.

-Congrats to rabutler for slaying his mileage goal in only 21 days.

Just 10 days to go people, keep it up....

Nice job Ra!  Not making it easy for the competition I see.  Someone's going to enjoy the hard won beer in January!

Feeling the growl again

Nice job Ra!  Not making it easy for the competition I see.  Spaniel's going to enjoy the hard won beer in January!

FTFY.

Nice regain of the lead pfetro (although I am wishing I'd run a couple of miles further yesterday, ah well, always the bridesmaid never the bride...and everyone needs a good support crew I guess).  I think all three of us are nicely ahead of our goals, so hopefully we've got some safety for whatever Christmas brings.

Thanks Hop, just taking it one day at a time and might even manage 250 for the month.  I think you took the lead back today as I'm planning on a shorter run.  Impressive running considering you started the month being sick.

I've never done so much log-stalking before...enjoying watching all the goals being met or shattered (rabutler, mbehr)

Happy to be watching y'all's insanity and not participating in it.

So how do folks get their workout in on Christmas Day and if traveling for the holidays?  My wife gives me a very serious stink-eye about even attempting to run of the 25th, and we'll spend four days next week jammed into a hotel room when we aren't visiting with my parents (who aren't the type we can take in large doses).  I need help if that 165 bell is gonna get rung.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

So how do folks get their workout in on Christmas Day and if traveling for the holidays?  My wife gives me a very serious stink-eye about even attempting to run of the 25th, and we'll spend four days next week jammed into a hotel room when we aren't visiting with my parents (who aren't the type we can take in large doses).  I need help if that 165 bell is gonna get rung.

We are hosting Christmas since my wife can't travel (9mo pregnant).  I assume I'll be up at 5-6am and out the door to get my run in, and do a bit longer than usual in case I can't fit a double in.  If I were traveling I'd try the same strategy, things get away easily once everyone wakes up and wants you involved in things.

Nobody said this would be easy.  Wink

Cooped up in a hotel room....geez, sounds like as good a reason to get out for a run as any.  Ugh.

C-R

Ugh. The ends justify the means. 5am, 11pm, noon treadmill and so on. You can depend on this crowd to give you a swift kick in the butt as a helper.

Damnit Perry. You better run big this weekend.

and you too spaniel. I have a serious case of the read ass due to these two fickin full day trips killing my doubles and today I have to work at the Colts game from 4pm to 1 am (volunteering isn't always painless). If I can man up and get back on the train tomorrow, I may have a chance to do some stupid stuff this weekend.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ok didn't realize I was less than 4 miles from having run 100 miles in the last 7 days. Needless to say I will be heading out in a few hours to get those miles in Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Most of my Christmas day will be spent at my wifes parents house which is about 13miles away. I floated the idea to my wife yesterday about helping her load up the kids and then just running there and showing up an hours and a bit later. It works out pretty well, i don't miss out on anything as as soon as we get there the kids go play with their cousins. So really i'll miss about an hour of idle chit-chat, "hows work?" and all that crap.