Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #47 (Read 29 times)

RunningOnSand

Also, I found this interesting since MN technically should've been on the list this year, with our lack of sunshine, but a few of you made the list!

The Cloudiest Cities in the United States

Rank City State Annual Hours of Sunlight
    1 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 2,021.30
    2 Anchorage Alaska 2,061.20
    3 Seattle Washington 2,169.70
    4 Columbus Ohio 2,182.60
    5 Portland Oregon 2,340.90
    6 Detroit Michigan 2,436
    7 Indianapolis Indiana 2,440
    8 Milwaukee Wisconsin 2,483.60
    9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2,498.40
    10 Chicago Illinois 2,508.40b

ETA: this hasn't been updated for 1.5 years, so it may be inaccurate now.

bluerun

Super B****

Re; you not having a Stryd, Blue...idk. It's not like any of us really needs one. I think the main intrigue for me was when my iron levels totally plummeted last year (and hence, my paces), I didn't want to be bound by a pace number. I'm too competitive with myself to not feel like shit about my paces going wonky, so I'm hoping to eventually just train by power.

Sure, but can’t you be competitive with yourself some other way?? I just feel like this adds one more thing to obsess over, and I gave more than enough of those already.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Sure, but can’t you be competitive with yourself some other way?? I just feel like this adds one more thing to obsess over, and I gave more than enough of those already.

With running, I find with myself it's either 1) miles and or 2) pace. But pace usually "wins" for me. I guess I can't think of anything else to compete with myself about?

bluerun

Super B****

With running, I find with myself it's either 1) miles and or 2) pace. But pace usually "wins" for me. I guess I can't think of anything else to compete with myself about?

Consider yourself fortunate!

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Is it weird if all this Stryd discussion makes me glad I DON’T have one??

Maybe, but I’m the same. Also for heart rate monitors. I guess I’m the one with a stopwatch.

Dave

DavePNW

one more thing

Mainly this.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Consider yourself fortunate!

Is it bad that I literally can't think of anything else running related to compete with myself about?  What do you compete with yourself about?

DavePNW

Also, I found this interesting since MN technically should've been on the list this year, with our lack of sunshine, but a few of you made the list!

The Cloudiest Cities in the United States

Rank City State Annual Hours of Sunlight
                  1 Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 2,021.30
                  2 Anchorage Alaska 2,061.20
                  3 Seattle Washington 2,169.70
                  4 Columbus Ohio 2,182.60
                  5 Portland Oregon 2,340.90
                  6 Detroit Michigan 2,436
                  7 Indianapolis Indiana 2,440
                  8 Milwaukee Wisconsin 2,483.60
                  9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 2,498.40
                  10 Chicago Illinois 2,508.40b

ETA: this hasn't been updated for 1.5 years, so it may be inaccurate now.

I am surprised that Seattle-Portland aren’t 1-2. Not surprised to see Detroit up there. Winters there were just as gloomy as winters here, only colder.

Dave

DavePNW

Is it bad that I literally can't think of anything else running related to compete with myself about?  What do you compete with yourself about?

OMG she competes with herself about EVERYTHING.

Dave

RunningOnSand

Maybe, but I’m the same. Also for heart rate monitors. I guess I’m the one with a stopwatch.

I think it's also a personality thing. You know what works for you, and you do it.

I like to have alllllll the options and I like techy things.

RunningOnSand

Well, yes, but seriously - for running what else is there?

RunningOnSand

I am surprised that Seattle-Portland aren’t 1-2. Not surprised to see Detroit up there. Winters there were just as gloomy as winters here, only colder.

That surprised me, too.

bluerun

Super B****

No, it’s a good thing! Then you can’t really fall into the trap of nothing ever being good enough. I guess it’s also partly because I feel like if I do accept something as “good enough,” it’s the same thing as bragging, and I don’t want to be seen as a braggart. Which is insane, I know, but I have issues, clearly.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

Also non-running stuff! But, like ... I do run with a HRM, but I don’t run BY HR, I just like all that data after the fact. I guess you can control your HR while running to an extent, but only so much, and if I paid attention to it while running, it would just piss me off that’s it isn’t as high or low as it “should” be.

chasing the impossible

RunningOnSand

Eh, everybody's got issues. I just think it comes down to how it makes sense to you (and I'm speaking not about you YOU per se, but in general "you", if that makes any sense at all).

Okay that makes sense. HR data. I suppose you could throw cadence in there too.