RA Coaching Forum

Rockenmama's Training for 2007 Fall Marathon'S (Read 1567 times)

I'm just a knuckleheaded newbie...so my advice is for you to listen to all of these experienced folks!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Ok so I think I've got this week figured out. I'll do 6 on Wed night, 10 Friday night, 7 Saturday and 15miles on Sunda (or visa versa). Now this coming Sunday is exactly 2 weeks before LRM. Looks like dh will be home come next week so it will be much easier to get my runs in , so 50-55 shouldn't be a problem. Here is a schedule of my long runs up to Philadelphia marathon 8/26/2007 15 9/2/2007 12 9/9/2007 26.2 (Lehigh Valley Marathon) 9/16/2007 12-13 9/23/2007 17 9/30/2007 10 10/7/2007 26.2 Steamtown Marathon 10/14/2007 10 10/21/2007 18 10/28/2007 20 11/4/2007 15 11/11/2007 10 11/18/2007 26.2 Philadelphia Marathon BTW Bob, your thoughts are right along with mine!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I'm just a knuckleheaded newbie...so my advice is for you to listen to all of these experienced folks!
        So am I Mike! Good advice!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Ok so I think I've got this week figured out. I'll do 6 on Wed night, 10 Friday night, 7 Saturday and 15miles on Sunda (or visa versa). Now this coming Sunday is exactly 2 weeks before LRM. Looks like dh will be home come next week so it will be much easier to get my runs in , so 50-55 shouldn't be a problem. Here is a schedule of my long runs up to Philadelphia marathon 8/26/2007 15 9/2/2007 12 9/9/2007 26.2 (Lehigh Valley Marathon) 9/16/2007 12-13 9/23/2007 17 9/30/2007 10 10/7/2007 26.2 Steamtown Marathon 10/14/2007 10 10/21/2007 18 10/28/2007 20 11/4/2007 15 11/11/2007 10 11/18/2007 26.2 Philadelphia Marathon BTW Bob, your thoughts are right along with mine!
          Looks pretty good to me Pam, except that 18 miler 2 weeks after Steamtown scares me a bit. You will have had plenty of long runs leading up to Philly, and if Steamtown is to be a good effort for you, you should think about scaling back your miles for at least a couple of weeks after Steamtown. I think that 18 miler in there could do you more harm than good.
            Thanks Bob! Your right, I'll change it to something more along the lines of 13-15 depending on how i'm feeling. This schedule has been made since June ( I did modify one run I believe). Oh and dh made it.

btb1490

No run report for today Pam? I hope it was a good one! Funny, it just dawned on me now that you are running Philly. If Steamtown didn't pan out for me, Philly was to be my backup plan. I have a hotel room booked there, so I was thinking I'd go there anyway and run the half.
                No run report for today Pam? I hope it was a good one! Funny, it just dawned on me now that you are running Philly. If Steamtown didn't pan out for me, Philly was to be my backup plan. I have a hotel room booked there, so I was thinking I'd go there anyway and run the half.
                Oooops totally forgot. Guess that's what happens when you wake up at 5:15 run come home and go back to bed lol. Well as you just read I got up at the crack of dawn, got dressed to go running and since it was dark still went and found dh's reflective vest. I am SOOO not a early morning runner, though I was when I first started running. First mile, legs felt super stiff and I think my pace was around 9:40 . Legs finally woke up around mile 3 and I finished 7.3 miles at an average pace of 8:53. Other than the stiffness, the run felt great! After stretching and showering I went back to bed and the kids let me sleep until close to 10:30 Shocked Today is a cold and rainy day (perfect for running). Guess we'll do some shopping and go to the library. Instead of going out for my run, I'll start reading my 2nd book that I got last week.

btb1490

Oooops totally forgot. Guess that's what happens when you wake up at 5:15 run come home and go back to bed lol. Well as you just read I got up at the crack of dawn, got dressed to go running and since it was dark still went and found dh's reflective vest. I am SOOO not a early morning runner, though I was when I first started running. First mile, legs felt super stiff and I think my pace was around 9:40 . Legs finally woke up around mile 3 and I finished 7.3 miles at an average pace of 8:53. Other than the stiffness, the run felt great! After stretching and showering I went back to bed and the kids let me sleep until close to 10:30 Shocked Today is a cold and rainy day (perfect for running). Guess we'll do some shopping and go to the library. Instead of going out for my run, I'll start reading my 2nd book that I got last week.
                  Now that's living! Get up, run, go back to bed till 10:30! Was breakfast waiting for you when you got up too? Wink That's great, Pam! Glad you had a good run! I am with you as far as the morning creakiness goes. Oh man, it takes a while for the legs to wake up! Yep, cold and rainy here today too. Thank goodness for the libraries on days like today! Enjoy the downtime (from running anyway), you've earned it.
                    Now that's living! Get up, run, go back to bed till 10:30! Was breakfast waiting for you when you got up too? Wink That's great, Pam! Glad you had a good run! I am with you as far as the morning creakiness goes. Oh man, it takes a while for the legs to wake up! Yep, cold and rainy here today too. Thank goodness for the libraries on days like today! Enjoy the downtime (from running anyway), you've earned it.
                    Fortunatly for me it wasn't since it consisted of Shredded wheat/milk (don't like it soggy lol) Guess we're getting old huh Bob! Thanks for stopping by Big grin

btb1490

Fortunatly for me it wasn't since it consisted of Shredded wheat/milk (don't like it soggy lol) Guess we're getting old huh Bob! Thanks for stopping by Big grin
                      Shredded wheat takes on a life of it's own after sitting in milk for a while. But it keeps us old folks regular! Ewww! Quote from a song I like.... "You're young until you're not". Hope you have a great day today, Pam! Smile
                        Well for the most part I feel young, ya know? Hope you have a great day today as well Bob (and who else maybe reading this) I get to run, I get to run, I get to run WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am sooooooooo ready to get out there. Will be heading down south in a few hours. Taking the kids on a tour of Herr Factory since dh is down there doing some Network Consulting for them. Then I'm going for a 6 mile EASY run. Trying to keep the speedwork down to some of my longer runs. For some reason I feel more like doing 10-13 Sad oh well this week is a step down ( I keep telling myself). Not looking foward to the 4 hours of driving though.

btb1490

Enjoy that run! Just remember.... it's a stepback week! I would pretty much say you are a running addict, Pam! Have a safe drive too!
                            Enjoy that run! Just remember.... it's a stepback week! I would pretty much say you are a running addict, Pam! Have a safe drive too!
                            Thanks & I DID! Ooops legs forgot it was a step back. Did a really nice feeling progression run. As for me being an addict. My dh says that running is my crack Wink Made it home ok. I HATE driving! Here is my run from tonight http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3738631 Ended up passing my turn and found myself not too far from the on ramp to 95 Shocked Needless to say it freaked me out and so I completely stopped running.

btb1490

Thanks & I DID! Ooops legs forgot it was a step back. Did a really nice feeling progression run. As for me being an addict. My dh says that running is my crack Wink Made it home ok. I HATE driving! Here is my run from tonight http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3738631 Ended up passing my turn and found myself not too far from the on ramp to 95 Shocked Needless to say it freaked me out and so I completely stopped running.
                              That was a pretty speedy run there Pam! You must've been in the zone to pass your turn like that. Nice job! Glad you got your "fix" for the day and made it back safely.
                                That was a pretty speedy run there Pam! You must've been in the zone to pass your turn like that. Nice job! Glad you got your "fix" for the day and made it back safely.
                                I don't know if it was cause I was in the zone or because I was looking for the gas station that I passed on the way out (it was hidden by the trees on the way back). Dh laughed cause apparently I ran past a HUGE sign for the hotel he was staying at as well Confused Thanks! I'm amazed at how easy those faster paces are starting to feel.