3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

Looking gooooood ;p

Shoot the Runner - Kasabian (bit of an incentive to move faster there Wink) TransEurope Express - Kraftwerk (great fr grinding up a steep hill) Earth Intruders - Bjork (my current new favourite, great beat)
    The best route to run is one which takes you furthest from the staff canteen....
      Heart in a Cage - The Strokes Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand Common People - Pulp Slow Hands - Interpol Music is the Victim - The Scissor Sisters Run - Snow Patrol Drugs Don't Work - The Verve Step Into My Office Baby - Belle & Sebastian For Us - Pete Yorn Paint It Black - Rolling Stones Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll - The Killers Sam's Town - The Killers Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2 That's just what I can think of off the top of my head...and it's way more than 3...so hard to narrow it down to 3 though...

Sack up and run.

I'm mainly a country music listener, but have not found any that I can run too as of yet. When it comes to running music, my MP3 player holds albums by Default, Hoobastank and Mudvayne as well as 1 other. This is not music that I would normally listen too, it just gets me pumped and I tend to run faster. The other 1 album I mentioned is the UFC soundtrack. Track 12 "Face the Pain" tends to pump me to the point that I either have to kick up the pace or kick someone else. Smile
          I'm mainly a country music listener, but have not found any that I can run too as of yet.
          Me too! My number one choice of music is country. But, I do agree, running to country doesn't always do the trick.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Me too! My number one choice of music is country. But, I do agree, running to country doesn't always do the trick.
            I don't have a very deep knowledge of country music, but there is one song that comes to mind: "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" by the Charlie Daniels Band.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Three is just too small of a number... Big grin These are just the country songs on my ipod shuffle...I have something like 250 songs so you can see how country takes up a good portion of that. My "other" songs are the ones I do all my tempo runs to (like Seether, Nickelback, Three Days Grace...etc). These songs are pretty much good for all of my long runs. I do have some that I skip over if they are too slow for my running mood. Bold songs are the "fast" songs...country fast. A Good Day to Run- Darryl Worley Whiskey Girl Toby Keith Before He Cheats Carrie Underwood Squeeze Me In Garth Brooks Life Is a Highway Rascal Flatts She's Every Woman Garth Brooks Something Like That Tim McGraw You Still Got It Ricochet Independence Day Martina McBride I'll Take That As a Yes (The Hot Tub Song) Phil Vassar Walkaway Joe Trisha Yearwood Would You Go With Me Josh Turner Live Like You Were Dying Tim McGraw Real Good Man Tim McGraw All Jacked Up Gretchen Wilson I Love This Bar Toby Keith Ain't Going Down (Til The Sun Comes Up) Garth Brooks What Was I Thinkin' Dierks Bentley I'm in a Hurry (And Don't Know Why) Alabama Must Be Doin' Somethin' Right Billy Currington It's Midnight Cinderella Garth Brooks All These Years Sawyer Brown My Front Porch Looking In Lonestar Red Ragtop Tim McGraw Every Now And Then Garth Brooks How Do You Like Me Now? Toby Keith Beer For My Horses Toby Keith Mud On The Tires Brad Paisley We Shall Be Free Garth Brooks Almost Home Craig Morgan Belleau Wood Garth Brooks Longneck Bottle Garth Brooks Walking In Memphis Lonestar Rollin' Garth Brooks I Can Love You Like That John Michael Montgomery When You Come Back To Me Again Garth Brooks Is Anybody Loving You These Days Dierks Bentley Remember When Alan Jackson Bubba Shot the Jukebox Mark Chesnutt Little Bit of Life Craig Morgan Learning To Live Again Garth Brooks When There's No One Around Garth Brooks Thicker Than Blood Garth Brooks When The Stars Go Blue Tim McGraw What About Now Lonestar She's Gonna Make It Garth Brooks My List Toby Keith Time For Me To Ride Toby Keith Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue Toby Keith The Change Garth Brooks Strawberry Wine Deana Carter Like We Never Loved At All Tim McGraw & Faith Hill (Soul to Soul concert where I took my avatar pic) Not A Day Goes By Lonestar Every Light In the House Trace Adkins A Friend To Me Garth Brooks American Soldier Toby Keith You Move Me Garth Brooks As Good As I Once Was Toby Keith Straight Tequila Night John Anderson The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia Reba McEntire Nights I Can't Remember Toby Keith In Another's Eyes Garth Brooks & Trisha Yearwood That Summer Garth Brooks Blink Of An Eye Ricochet Amazed Lonestar She 's The Kind Of Trouble Brooks & Dunn The Dance Garth Brooks You Shouldn't Kiss Me Like This Toby Keith A Broken Wing Martina McBride The Critic Toby Keith Whiskey Lullaby Brad Paisley Feat. Alison Krauss Over & Over Again Tim McGraw Feat. Nelly Boondocks Little Big Town That Ol' Wind Garth Brooks And yes, I am getting no work done today because of RA. Big grin

Michelle

Well, I might as well post my non-country too. Bold are my favorites for fast running: Truth Seether Never Again Nickelback Fight For All The Wrong Reasons Nickelback Simplest Mistake Seether The Anthem Good Charlotte Bring Me Down Puddle Of Mudd Next Contestant Nickelback Riot Girl Good Charlotte Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (Radio Version) KT Tunstall Save Me Shinedown Pain Three Days Grace Bring Me to Life Evanescence Dance With the Devil Breaking Benjamin On the Dark Side John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band Time Of Dying Three Days Grace Summer of '69 Bryan Adams Hazard Richard Marx Runaway Bon Jovi Trade Yourself In Shinedown Edge Of Seventeen Stevie Nicks Renegades Of Funk Rage Against The Machine Light As The Breeze Billy Joel Evil Angel Breaking Benjamin Superman Five for Fighting Dream Big Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband Slide Goo Goo Dolls One X Three Days Grace Wake Up Three Days Grace Crash Into Me Dave Matthews Band Animals Nickelback Black Pearl Jam Bitch Meredith Brooks The Hell Song Sum 41 Centerfield John Fogerty Black Balloon Goo Goo Dolls Animal I Have Become Three Days Grace Round Here Counting Crows Aeroplane Red Hot Chili Peppers How Could I Just Kill A Man Rage Against The Machine Hey Girl Billy Joel Follow You Home Nickelback Hang On Seether Monkey Business Skid Row Basement Puddle Of Mudd Someone That You're With Nickelback Sunburn Fuel Shimmer Fuel Wearing Only Flowers Big Head Todd & The Monsters I Alone Live Diseased Seether Lightning Crashes Live Melonie Cannon Shed Some Light Shinedown Moondance Van Morrison No Rain Blind Melon Royal Oil The Mighty Mighty Bosstones Bullet Proof Goo Goo Dolls I Try Macy Gray What's This Life For Creed Back In Black AC/DC Greed Godsmack Desperado The Eagles Hurts So Good John Mellencamp Ironic Alanis Morissette Let's Get Free Sheryl Crow Pardon Me Incubus I Dare You Shinedown Stories I Tell Toad The Wet Sprocket All I Really Want Alanis Morissette Remedy Seether You Don't Have To Remind Me Sass Jordan 8:16 AM 311 Get Back Buckcherry Right Now Van Halen Phenomenon Limp Bizkit Footloose Kenny Loggins She Talks To Angels The Black Crowes Photograph Nickelback Broken Seether She's Always A Woman To Me Billy Joel Head Over Feet Alanis Morissette Control Puddle Of Mudd Jack & Diane John Mellencamp The Young & The Hopeless Good Charlotte Heaven Help Lenny Kravitz Amigone Goo Goo Dolls Pink Houses John Mellencamp Touch, Peel And Stand Days Of The New Run To The Water Live Crumblin' Down John Mellencamp Fly Like An Eagle Steve Miller Band Overrated Three Days Grace The Story Of My Old Man Good Charlotte Stop Draggin' My Heart Around Stevie Nicks Crazy Life Toad The Wet Sprocket All I Want Toad The Wet Sprocket Lit Up Buckcherry Leather And Lace Stevie Nicks Iris Goo Goo Dolls Lawless And Lulu Buckcherry Torn Creed And So It Goes Billy Joel More Than Words Extreme I Will Survive Cake Broken Wings Mr. Mister Plush Stone Temple Pilots Stealing Happy Hours 311 Drink The Water Buckcherry Wild World Cat Stevens Into the Mystic< td="" /> Van Morrison Crazy Love Van Morrison Untitled Live Blurry Puddle Of Mudd 100 Years Five for Fighting All Over You Live Broken Seether Feat. Amy Lee Jackie O John Mellencamp The Dolphin's Cry Live Ozone Fuel True Companion Marc Cohn I Want It All Queen Only God Knows Why Kid Rock Tribute Just Like You Three Days Grace John Mellencamp Wicked Garden Stone Temple Pilots Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) Billy Joel I'll Be Edwin McCain Baby Buckcherry Lonely Ol' Night John Mellencamp Let's Dance David Bowie Drive Incubus Some Day Shinedown Alive And Kicking Simple Minds Stacy's Mom Fountains Of Wayne Bohemian Rhapsody Queen Just a Girl No Doubt You Shook Me All Night Long AC/DC Movin' On Good Charlotte Gasoline Seether Shameless Billy Joel Hideaway Fuel To Make You Feel My Love Billy Joel One Creed I Hate Everything About You Three Days Grace Eat You Alive Limp Bizkit Changes David Bowie Bittersweet Fuel Nice To Know You Incubus Wondering Good Charlotte Stellar Incubus (Everything I Do) I Do It for You Bryan Adams The Impression That I Get The Mighty Mighty Bosstones She Hates Me Puddle Of Mudd In The Morning Big Head Todd & The Monsters Runnin' With The Devil Van Halen Sell Out Reel Big Fish Beer Reel Big Fish You Oughta Know Alanis Morissette My Own Prison Creed Gone Forever Three Days Grace Iris Live Begin Again Shinedown Walk On The Ocean Toad The Wet Sprocket Why Can't This Be Love Van Halen 69 Tea Seether Young Americans David Bowie Far Behind Candlebox

Michelle

PWL

Has been

I think it was three favorite running songs Michelle! Big grin Although our Shuffle contents are pretty similar!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

shyrunner07

those are great songs! Gotta love Garth...I love "Friends in Low Places"....Smile how was the S2S concert? I'm not really big on country, but that's a show i'd like to see- Tim and Faith seem like great entertainers!
                      I think it was three favorite running songs Michelle!
                      It is...but THREE is such a small number. Besides, the first time I posted to this thread (a month or so ago) I was much closer to posting just three songs...this time I decided to go all out. If you only want to read three, just ignore from the fourth one down! *lol* Big grin
                      Although our Shuffle contents are pretty similar!
                      I hid some of my songs, ones that are down right SILLY (example: Tiffany's - I think we're alone now...does that show my age or what?)

Michelle

those are great songs! Gotta love Garth...I love "Friends in Low Places"....Smile how was the S2S concert? I'm not really big on country, but that's a show i'd like to see- Tim and Faith seem like great entertainers!
                        It was an awesome concert. I'm not really a fan of going to concerts but this one was worth going into Philly for. They work together in an amazing way. Faith was more flashy than I had imagined with all the stage effects. Tim was more reserved.

Michelle

1.Papa Roach-Last Resort 2.50 Cent & Eminem- Til I Collapse 3.Fall Out Boy- Dance Dance Tongue
                          TravelBug

my current favs: 1. 50 ways to leave your lover (paul simon) 2. move along (all american rejects) and my cheezy pleasure: 3. hungry like the wolf (duran duran)
                              Try some Alabama! Work for me anyway And for Garth try Standing Outside the Fire

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

PacTen127

XC Lover

Blow Me Away- Breaking Benjamin False Pretense- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus Creatures- 311
                                No matter what happens, I'll keep running.