3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

PWL

Has been

I hid some of my songs, ones that are down right SILLY (example: Tiffany's - I think we're alone now...does that show my age or what?)
    I run to mostly silly songs. There are way more big hair band ballads (say that three times fast) on my shuffle than I should really admit. But there are some days when Motley Crue just seems like the proper soundtrack for my run, ya know? Wink

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

shyrunner07

picked up the Instant Karma (Campaign to Save Darfur) disc yesterday...while none of the covers will ever come close to Lennon's originals, I do love U2's version of IK. Smile
        On a fluke, I picked up some Military Cadences on itunes. They are actually great for me because they really help keep the pace. Other top songs on my playlist for running are: I Like to Move It - Bang Gang I Play Chicken With The Train - Cowboy Troy Bawitdaba - Kid Rock Hey Ya! - OutKast Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J Lose Yourself - Eminem Drum Trip - Rusted Root
        "If I control myself, I control my destiny."

Along for the Ride

Dream Theater's latest album "Systematic Chaos", especially "Forsaken" made me fly this morning ...

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Go Green Wave!

I enjoy 1. Can't Stop Me Now - Queen 2. Time Is Running Out - Muse 3. Win The Race - Modern Talking (Ultra Cheesy Smile)
              I run to mostly silly songs. There are way more big hair band ballads (say that three times fast) on my shuffle than I should really admit. But there are some days when Motley Crue just seems like the proper soundtrack for my run, ya know? Wink
              My husband is a big hair band freak...he can air drum to ANY song from the 80's. It's quite the funny sight. Big grin

Michelle

sheil2009

21:00

Here in your arms-hellogoodbye Over my Head (Cable Car)- The Fray ( I heard it before my first xc race and its been "that song" ever since) One More Time-Daft Punk
                  Well thanks to the Sears Commercial and also an episode of Dr. Who I've rediscovered E.L.O Mr. Blue Sky, Don't bring me down and Turned to stone are definetly getting uploaded to my ipod, well once I buy the greatest hits album! Oh and I'm so freaken clueless. I'm also going to be uploading many songs from Xanadu (yes I'm weird like that). Totally forgot most of them if not we're all E.L.O

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Mr. Blue Sky, Don't bring me down and Turned to stone are definetly getting uploaded to my ipod, well once I buy the greatest hits album!
                    I don't usually buy full albums on iTunes, but they had an ELO greatest hits collection called "Strange Magic" that had almost 30 tracks for like $9.99 or $12.99. Here's a link to the amazon listing so you can see what tracks are on it. It was more songs than I needed, but the price was way right.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I don't usually buy full albums on iTunes, but they had an ELO greatest hits collection called "Strange Magic" that had almost 30 tracks for like $9.99 or $12.99. Here's a link to the amazon listing so you can see what tracks are on it. It was more songs than I needed, but the price was way right.
                      THANK YOU!!!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

rudidu

Bryan Adams - Run to you.... Blush Linkin Park - Faint! (now thats awesome to run to) and i cant think of a third....

Virginia Beach - 2007

I got 3 I bet not many run to... All I Need - Bethany Dillon Free - Jenny Owens Jesus is Just Alright - DC Talk
                          Kevin S. Spencer
                          spencersRus.com
                            Well if you want to start getting obscure, I love running to Veggie Rocks. Believe it or not "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" can get me up a tough hill.

*´¨) ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.*¨) (¸.·´ (¸.·´ *Daisy*

duggan765

Right now... Synchronicity -The Police Psycho Killer - Talking Heads Seventy times Seven - Brand New I typically don't run with music though, I had the option of a 6 mile easy run or an off day, so I took the easy run easy and those made it really nice
                                Bryan Adams - Run to you....
                                Oh, that's a good one! Bryan Adams was one of my favorites when I was in 8th grade!

Michelle