Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

16.4 miles (4:15:00)11/ / 150 marathon training with a club member. She may drop to the HM. 5 hour time limit for Mercedes. She is not ready for a 5 hr finish.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Low mileages for the last two weeks.  I got sick and did not finish a marathon I had planned for the 19th (did the HM instead).  Since then, the congestion has lessened but I have ont run as much due to no sleep nights taking care of a friend that got surgery and I later had to rush to the ER.  I took the weekend off running to see if that would eliminate the congestion. So far, two weeks with the congestion without any signs of leaving.  Some miles tonight.

Damaris

BeeRunB

Recovery is a good idea, Damaris. Get better, kiddo. We need our aerobic goddess on her feet and kicking butt.

TODAY:

recovery

1.5 miles

My aerobic speed has tanked just like it did during every two-week test or ketone adaption I've ever tried. I'm not doing either, but I've been working on losing weight since the end of last year, though, and have cut out a lot of junk and things that affect me adversely. I'm getting enough carbs to stay out of ketosis, but not overdoing them either. Weight loss has been rapid lately. There have been signs the past few days that aerobic speed is heading back north. We'll see how it goes.

--Jimmy

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.2 miles 129 /142

Reached my Goal 100.9 miles

Damaris* Hope your friends  recover goes well. Take care of yourself  and try not to  over stress.

Jimmy *Keep  plugging away a the pounds will melt off.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Trevi

5k @ 32:30 mins.

I have been doing nothing but MAF for a month now and have been feeling good.  So I decided to release the handbrake just a little this morning..  Ran at MAF+15 or 141 for the majority of the run..   blown away by how good it felt.  I felt like I was just idling around.  Could talk quite easily.  I had a heap in reserve (or so it felt).

So now I have proved to myself I am on the right track it is back to MAF only training for the next 2 months at least.  I have also lost near on 8Kg in the last month as well...   Whilst I dont expect it will continue at that rate I feel I can achieve my goals now.

A great day for me.....

I hope yours was good too....

labhiker

First run after nearly a two week break following the marathon.  Thanks to miles of a pre-race MAF buildup, I PR'd and had an enjoyable run.

I'm not sure what is more uncomfortable, the pre-race taper or several weeks of forced downtime?

Excited to get back to MAF training.

Today's goal is 3.8 miles, rolling terrain, slow and easy, sub-MAF.

I have not strapped on the HR monitor since the race and realize my RHR is rather elevated.  Hopefully it is due to a bad head cold and not a reflection of fitness loss.

labhiker

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5k @ 32:30 mins.

I have been doing nothing but MAF for a month now and have been feeling good.  So I decided to release the handbrake just a little this morning..  Ran at MAF+15 or 141 for the majority of the run..   blown away by how good it felt.  I felt like I was just idling around.  Could talk quite easily.  I had a heap in reserve (or so it felt).

So now I have proved to myself I am on the right track it is back to MAF only training for the next 2 months at least.  I have also lost near on 8Kg in the last month as well...   Whilst I dont expect it will continue at that rate I feel I can achieve my goals now.

A great day for me.....

I hope yours was good too....

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

First run after nearly a two week break following the marathon.  Thanks to miles of a pre-race MAF buildup, I PR'd and had an enjoyable run.

I'm not sure what is more uncomfortable, the pre-race taper or several weeks of forced downtime?

Excited to get back to MAF training.

Today's goal is 3.8 miles, rolling terrain, slow and easy, sub-MAF.

I have not strapped on the HR monitor since the race and realize my RHR is rather elevated.  Hopefully it is due to a bad head cold and not a reflection of fitness loss.

PR!! WTG

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.5miles  HR 109/124 **57 F. It is a cold 57F. MAFF-11

Ran 2 feet .Decided to walk uphill out of the complex. Run never started.

Turned out to be a nature walk in the city. Spotted 4 deer and 1 hawk.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Congrats, Lab! Way to stick with it. Reap!  

TODAY:

MAF Test 45:00

Have regressed since last test, but today's run overall shows I'm coming out of the aerobic funk my new diet threw me into (knock on wood and a bow to the running gods).

Onward.

--Jimmy

Runslowalksalot

I did a 1:05 10k this morning on my local loop.   I felt great even after  way too many beers last night and just 4 hours sleep.    Running 10:20s,   a good 30 seconds average per mile faster than when I started 1 month ago.  Woo hoo!

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

8.3 miles HR 134/143 MAFF +16 AVG HR

Will get back in line tomorrow.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

50:00 run

40:00 walk

Starting to use heat in the TM room to get

prepped for the coming spring.

labhiker

3 miles on the treadmill this morning.  1%, slow and easy, sub-MAF run.  1st 20 minutes < 114 bmp.

Have not run since the weekend and have used work stress and a head cold as an exuse to skip days. Not good.

Need to refocus and get back to consistent runs.

labhiker

BeeRunB

1:41:00 total

51:00 run

50:00 walk

Still slow, but made progress this week in getting out of the aerobic funk.

Got a full week in. Tomorrow off.

Have a good weekend.

--JImmy