3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Pardon the mess.  Anyway, most of that left hand shelving unit is filled with beer.  Real good beer.  Some of it is homebrew.  Three of the cases are 22 - 25 oz units that I have collected from various breweries.  And that doesn't include homebrew that I have elsewhere, a case of oatmeal stout bottle conditioning, 5 gallons of milk stout fermenting, and 2.5 gallons of black IPA fermenting.  A lot of the other stuff is equipment and supplies for brewing.

Road Trip!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I think I've found the perfect Christmas present for spaniel. Since he doesn't like to carry a water bottle on his long runs this might be the solution.

The Jog Strap

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

OK so he's injured and all, and hasn't run in 2 days, but there's this:

L Train 108.8 mi 15:29:03
        kmark 106.1 mi 13:24:32

Even after metric conversion I think I'm "winning".  That won't last long, I know that, but wanted to revel for 3 minutes.  Achilles issues suck though. 

But the more notable part of this is that we have run the same miles but I'm 2:05 slower.  Holy fuck man, indeed. 

I'll be back running today so hopefully I can keep it close.

L Train

I'll be back running today so hopefully I can keep it close.

Oh come on, now.  I know how this ends, and that's OK.  The fact that I was running loops around the parking lot while waiting for the 5:15 group run to start shows that I'm motivated to at least keep close to you. 

Glad you are feeling better - I don't have anything crazy planned this week. 

Feeling the growl again

I think I've found the perfect Christmas present for spaniel. Since he doesn't like to carry a water bottle on his long runs this might be the solution.

The Jog Strap

Booo.  I could only make it halfway through the video.  Once he actually started running with it I was done.

So now you're upping the ante to 60 miles this week, huh?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Booo.  I could only make it halfway through the video.  Once he actually started running with it I was done.

So now you're upping the ante to 60 miles this week, huh?

Awww....you missed the special coin pouch then. Big grin

Probably won't be hitting 60 this week. I'll be traveling Thursday thru Monday, so I don't know how much running I'll be able to do. I'll have my shoes with me so I can run when I can, but C-R may have to take up my slack.

Feeling the growl again

Awww....you missed the special coin pouch then. Big grin

Probably won't be hitting 60 this week. I'll be traveling Thursday thru Monday, so I don't know how much running I'll be able to do. I'll have my shoes with me so I can run when I can, but C-R may have to take up my slack.

Safe travels, I'm sure you will find time to run.  If not I'm sure C-R will be your huckleberry as you've done a good job of tag-teaming me and made me run doubles every day now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

"Leg up":

MTA:  Wink   in case there was any confusion...

Put your leg down boy!

I know this is short lived and I have no business being here but it is what it is and this is probably the last time we'll be this close.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings/Stats?r=1&e=10&s=1&d=1

Feeling the growl again

Put your leg down boy!

I know this is short lived and I have no business being here but it is what it is and this is probably the last time we'll be this close.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000somethings/Stats?r=1&e=10&s=1&d=1

Top billing for you for a faster pace too, I see.

Yeah, I was lazy this morning even though it is unseasonably warm here, so I won't run until lunchtime.  Poor decision on my part, I need to hit 20.25 miles today to say I ran 150 miles in a week's time once in my life.

I'm looking forward to pushing back from the elephant for awhile and dropping it a bit to where I can get some real workouts into the mix.  That, and with doubling every day, it's been hard to lose any weight without dropping the energy level through the floor.  I've only dropped a pound in the last week and I really need to find another 10 somewhere.

C-R

I'm still trying to drop weight too. Hopefully that will come.

5 for starters this morn. I got behind yesterday due to travel.

I got another 10 in me tonight.

Don't bang yourself up trying to get a 150. This wasn't designed to get anyone hurt. Just motivated (and or drunk at the end). Plus, your wife thinks this is my fault and no way do I want the wrath of a woman expecting a child soon. Been there. Done that. Don't need any added scars.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Pardon the mess.  Anyway, most of that left hand shelving unit is filled with beer.  Real good beer.  Some of it is homebrew.  Three of the cases are 22 - 25 oz units that I have collected from various breweries.  And that doesn't include homebrew that I have elsewhere, a case of oatmeal stout bottle conditioning, 5 gallons of milk stout fermenting, and 2.5 gallons of black IPA fermenting.  A lot of the other stuff is equipment and supplies for brewing.

Next time I'm in Philly I think I need to divert to your place. NICE!

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

Next time I'm in Philly I think I need to divert to your place. NICE!

My door is always open.  Hell, let me know when you're coming and I could probably take a day off from work.  I am about 70 miles north of Philly so it's a little bit of a drive.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

My door is always open.  Hell, let me know when you're coming and I could probably take a day off from work.  I am about 70 miles north of Philly so it's a little bit of a drive.

That's not far at all and I bet there are some decent trails in the area too.

Prince of Fatness

That's not far at all and I bet there are some decent trails in the area too.

Oh, running would definitely be a part of this.  There are a few options.  I have a spare bedroom as well so an overnight stay is an option.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

5 for starters this morn. I got behind yesterday due to travel.

I got another 10 in me tonight.

Don't bang yourself up trying to get a 150. This wasn't designed to get anyone hurt. Just motivated (and or drunk at the end). Plus, your wife thinks this is my fault and no way do I want the wrath of a woman expecting a child soon. Been there. Done that. Don't need any added scars.

Dang.  I'm putting in a solid day today and I'll be lucky to hold my ground.

Got out a little earlier than I thought for my run...it was the hardest it has been.  I sat at my desk for 10 minutes trying to rationalize my way out of doing it.  In the end, I got out and even added another mile onto what was planned so that I have 1 less to do in order to hit my target tonight.