3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Crap. The bear is awake. C-R, it looks like we may be hosed.

It looks like my treadmill may be effed up again. During my cooldown this morning the speed just took off. After turning it on and off the speed controls didn't seem to work. A couple more power cycles and it seems to be working now, but I'll be making a call at lunch time to get this looked at.

Oh, and the cat in question, since there seems to be some doubt about her existence. Joking

She's not too happy about being in the same house as a dog.

THAT is my Loki or at least it looks like him. Cute kitty!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

So you'll be doing unplanned speed workouts, ra?

YOU crack me up Perry

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

You know what is more fun than participating in the throw-down?  Watching from the sidelines.

True Dat.  Especially in a down month like my current one. Enjoying sleeping in and catching up on some long neglected projects.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

So you'll be doing unplanned speed workouts, ra?

Heh. Luckily it was me and not my wife. If it happened to her I'd probably come home to find her unconscious on the floor next to the treadmill.

I called Livestrong and they're sending out a replacement motor control board and a speed sensor. I'm not too happy that this is the second problem in only 2 months, but at least they respond quickly to issues.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

THAT is my Loki or at least it looks like him. Cute kitty!

Her name is Rashka and I think once she gets settled in she is going to be trouble. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

You know what is more fun than participating in the throw-down?  Watching from the sidelines.

I'd be willing to switch places with you. You can have my spot. Really.

Rashka is gorgeous (so, by default Loki must be too).

That picture made me want a diet Dr Pepper though.

Hope this is the last issue with the TM and you can get on with enjoying the convenience of it.  I have a feeling I'd end up falling off and knocking myself out if a TM played silly bu@@ers with the speed when I was using it...I'm bad enough at staying on when they're behaving.

As I'm not a full participant in the silliness I am getting some pretty high enjoyment from watching everyone else.  However defending why I'm aiming for a mileage goal  because some people on the internet are encouraging me is not the best way to make people think I'm normal (and this includes other people on the internet as well as real people).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

And nope, you have to stay in it ra...your running this month has been absolutely phenomenal.  

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

Hmm. a marathon on Monday while I'm in no condition to double and ra is busy with a busted up treadmill/random interval generator. Well played. Well played indeed.

I just had a minute to log my run and thought I might make up some ground but crap. Perhaps another run tonight might be in my cards.

No quit ra. We may not win but we won't stop running. He's going to have to earn it.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hmm. a marathon on Monday while I'm in no condition to double and ra is busy with a busted up treadmill/random interval generator. Well played. Well played indeed.

Hmmm.....I wonder if spaniel snuck in and sabotaged my treadmill while I was gone.

Rashka is gorgeous (so, by default Loki must be too).

That picture made me want a diet Dr Pepper though.

Hope this is the last issue with the TM and you can get on with enjoying the convenience of it.  I have a feeling I'd end up falling off and knocking myself out if a TM played silly bu@@ers with the speed when I was using it...I'm bad enough at staying on when they're behaving.

As I'm not a full participant in the silliness I am getting some pretty high enjoyment from watching everyone else.  However defending why I'm aiming for a mileage goal  because some people on the internet are encouraging me is not the best way to make people think I'm normal (and this includes other people on the internet as well as real people).

What's normal????  And do you really want it??? I happen to like my friends nutty like me Smile  I don't know about anyone else but I needed this. A kick in the butt to get back to the training that I need to be able to accomplish my goals for next spring. I'll tell you one thing it's a good thing that the treadmill at home is broke (has been and only needs a 27 dollar part) 

Feeling the growl again

Hmmm.....I wonder if spaniel snuck in and sabotaged my treadmill while I was gone.

Ha.  Well, I know exactly how you felt when it started acting up as mind did a couple nights back as well.  It was a sick feeling, as I've relied on the thing for a lot of miles this month.

Of course, my problem was that it did not want to stop.  Maybe it just wants free beer as bad as I do.

I'm not a cat person but that's  a fine looking animal rabutler.

Crap C-R, I need a nap but after seeing that long run pop up I'm snapping out of it and adding a little extra distance on this afternoon....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Of course, my problem was that it did not want to stop.  Maybe it just wants free beer as bad as I do.

Crap C-R, I need a nap but after seeing that long run pop up I'm snapping out of it and adding a little extra distance on this afternoon....

I hope you're not planning on pouring any beer on the treadmill. What a waste.

I think taking a nap is the best thing you can do for your health. I support it to the max and don't make me start logging workouts at 10pm. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

What's normal????  And do you really want it??? I happen to like my friends nutty like me Smile  I don't know about anyone else but I needed this. A kick in the butt to get back to the training that I need to be able to accomplish my goals for next spring. I'll tell you one thing it's a good thing that the treadmill at home is broke (has been and only needs a 27 dollar part) 

All good points and all well made. My husband, thankfully, just finds it all amusing, so that's all good.   It's just boring having to explain to people that I actually just want to run, and even when I don't want to run, I want to run more than I don't want to (if that makes sense).  There are worse things to do with my time, and so on.  I don't even tell them, they even get excluded from fb updates that mention it.  Otherwise it's generally just people worrying about me breaking which is fine, breaking is always a threat, but you can't really get stronger if you don't give yourself something to repair and strengthen (and if you don't do anything then you only get weaker and then the only injury prevention occurring is countered by the lack of anything else going on).  At least I can be sure there are plenty of people who run more and are way more dedicated than me, it's just that I find those people (including you rocken), more motivating and cool to watch/admire than anything else.  I definitely needed the kick too.  This was going to be a slack month just because I didn't know what to do with it, but I'm hoping to at least finish the year feeling like I've done somethig decent runwise in December, when it's all to easy to give in to the pies.

I'm scared about what this month would be like if your TM wasn't broken! 

Spaniel, C-R, ra...keep it up, the entertainment is awesome.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Hoppity,  Every one here is motivating to me as well.  

And yes, I think that if it doesn't break me it will make me stronger.  If not physically then mentally. 

With tonight's run 199.9 ?!?  Thanks one and all for the motivation!

steph