Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23292 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Chickamauga marathon 5:24:53 HR 128 / 148

Miles 4 Maria 8.5 miles

Decided not to go for 6 hours. Knee was not an issue. No need to push it.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Clay!

I ran 10 yesterday.  Super slow, gah.  We'll see if I can break 5 hours on next week's marathon.  Anything with a 4 would be nice.  Or at least as close as I can get it.

In medication news, I've dumped the BP meds and kept the diuretic.  The side effects will probably continue for a few weeks, if not months, but my BP being somewhat normal has me all giddy.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

In medication news, I've dumped the BP meds and kept the diuretic.  The side effects will probably continue for a few weeks, if not months, but my BP being somewhat normal has me all giddy.

My BP med is a diuretic. I have taken it about 5 times in the last 8 months. Reduced sodium intake(less take out).

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My BP med is a diuretic. I have taken it about 5 times in the last 8 months. Reduced sodium intake(less take out).

Some people could deal with solely a diuretic, but I had to be in both a meds and that initially since my BP was 180/95.  After hubby's brain surgery, it went up again so they had to increase my BP meds once again.  Now dropping everything feels nice!

My BP is genetic, but since I dropped the birth control meds (it helped my pain after surgery for whatever they had to leave behind, my BP has dropped a lot.  I am even considering saying good bye to the diuretic.  That'll be the day.

Ran 12 on Thursday morning, 5 on Thursday evening, 7 yesterday, and 8.50 tonight.  My massage therapist fixed my back, can you tell?  Little by little I'm recovering the endurance my BP meds screwed up.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I can not get out the door. I am not an after work runner. Not being able to run downgrades consistently has lead to a loss of mojo. Temp 38F and winds > 15mph are not helping.Can not stay in maff running up hill and walking down hill.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

BeeRunB

Great job, Clay!

I ran 10 yesterday.  Super slow, gah.  We'll see if I can break 5 hours on next week's marathon.  Anything with a 4 would be nice.  Or at least as close as I can get it.

That's great news, Damaris. 

Ron, nice job at  Chickamauga! 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 12 with the last 4 at MP on the TM, but chose current MP to start rebuilding.

And today is the first day with no diuretic, so I'm fully off all BP meds.  Hoping it's permanent.

Damaris

BeeRunB

2.5 mile walk last night. RHR has been 10+ beats over normal for some reason, so very brief runs or walking until back down.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job!

Running has been hard outside. I think because all the construction dust near us.  Even hubby has had issues. We've been run/walking and I'll do that for this weekend's marathon.

5 with hubby 12:15mm.  Sigh.  That felt hard.  But one day without any BP meds done.  Many more to come, I hope, ha.

Damaris

BeeRunB

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy Thanksgiving!

I ran 6 with 2 at MP on the TM last night.  Congested but the asthma feels better. 5 for today.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

6.25 miles. Watch died at mile 3.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ran 5 on Friday on the TM and then left for Space Coast.  Ran the Space Coast Marathon in 5:18.  That I could've raced it faster yes, but the bacon, beer and vodka stations in the second half of the race made me slow down a lot.  I just wanted a strong marathon and I got it.  I am not even sore today and with the except of a calf tightening at Mile 25, I felt strong and good throughout.  Now on to work on the endurance my meds screwed.  Bring on 2017.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats. 49.9 miles for November. Time to get off the couch tomorrow morning!

Ran 5 on Friday on the TM and then left for Space Coast.  Ran the Space Coast Marathon in 5:18.  That I could've raced it faster yes, but the bacon, beer and vodka stations in the second half of the race made me slow down a lot.  I just wanted a strong marathon and I got it.  I am not even sore today and with the except of a calf tightening at Mile 25, I felt strong and good throughout.  Now on to work on the endurance my meds screwed.  Bring on 2017.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Clay!

I ran 7 yesterday and 6 and weights tonight.  All on the TM because it's Summer here again, sigh.  Anyway, trying to get more endurance before the Houston Marathon so running slower and will choose a slower MP than the one I've been training on.  One week off all meds but the asthma meds.  Feeling great!

Damaris